Wing Nut Derby (show and ride)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wing Nut Derby (show and ride)

Well here it is. The moment you have all been waiting for. Our show is on. On Sunday March 16th we will be having our first Wing Nut Derby. The event will take place at Four Aces Cycle Supply in Pacoima, CA. The exact address is 12734 Branford St. For those not in the know, Pacoima is in the north-east corner of the San Fernando Valley. The show and ride are open to pre 1960 motorcycles, preferably bobbers, period customs and race bikes, but stockers will be accepted if that's all you got No Japaneese bikes! If you don't have an early bike, come on out anyway and enjoy the show. There will be plenty of motorcycle parking available. The ride leaves from Four Aces promptly at 9AM and is a scenic trip up and through the Angeles Crest area. The ride ends back at Four Aces where our little show will begin at around Noon. We will have BBQ's going and an open house at Four Aces Cycle Supply. Please spread the word and encourage your friends with vintage bikes to attend. If you think you are coming please comment so we can get an idea on the ammount of supplies we need to get. The cost of this day of fun is nothing, but anything you can bring to cook on the BBQ would be appreciated.

http://wingnutsmotorcycleclub.blogspot.com/

Hope to see you and your bike there.
    WNMC
    Attached Files

Man, I envy you guys that get to ride in February. God bless the sunshine state.

Comment

What Steve said. I've done some business with Wes in the past, he's a good guy. Hope you all have fun!

Comment

Florida is the sunshine state. . . I don't know what California is ? Steve, you should load up one of your bikes and bring it to Eustis, then you can ride in February.

Comment

Ah Hell all you need is a set of knobby tires and your good to go in the snow.... Hrdly

Comment

Not to be a jerk, but it's 79 degrees right now in the San Fernando Valley, just north of LA. I was out running errands and I lost count on how many bikes were out on the road! Please pass along word of our show and our blog. We'd love to get as many folks as possible to attend.

Comment

Florida is the sunshine state. . . I don't know what California is ?
              Thanks for straighten me out on that exeric.

LOL. Good thing I didn't load up a bike and head towards the sunshine state expecting to meet up with you guys. Can you all tell I don't get out of Ohio very often? A world traveler, I am not.
              -Steve

Comment

Just for clarification California is the "Golden State." Something to do with the gold rush of 1849 Now if you want to head west for the show, I'll find a way to put you up. If you head east your on your own. If you like what we are doing and you like our site, please pass the word on. I'm new (dumb) to all this computer stuff and I want people to check us out.

Comment

California is a beautiful state and deserves the "Golden State" sobirquet. However, I have good friends in northern California and they have been having everything but "golden" weather lately.

Comment

That seems fair since they think Nor Cal and So Cal are different states anyway We just had our "weather" for the year. A whole week of rain.

Comment

Is there really no interest in our show? I sent invites to the LA and SoCal chapters with no response. I know there is no points to be earned, but it should be a good time. Is it the embarassasment of admitting you like modified bikes? I promise we won't tell anyone We are still having it no matter what, but I can't believe that in Southern California nobody's interested. Please spread the word. If you don't have a bobber let someone who does know about it and our blog.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Just another pics to get people talking to me again.
                        Attached Files

Comment

jedd

Hi!

and it should be a fun deal!!!

Comment

Dave,
                            Glad your going to come, can't wait to see the twin carb Knuck again.

Comment

Hi Jedd.... It certainly sound like its going to be a good time. Except the for 3k miles between me and you I would be there in a heart beat.

Have you posted this event on some other boards? There are plenty of guys who ride their old machines, but sometimes finding them can be a challenge. The more ponds you thow your hook into the better chance you'll have of finding them. Best of Luck.
                              -Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X