Local Swap Meets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Swap Meets

I don’t recall there ever being a thread done here about local antique motorcycle swap meets. I’m not talking about the big national events. I’m talking about the swap meets that are with-in an hour or closer travel time of your home. The one’s which are mostly a bunch of local guys exchanging part which they figure they’ll never need again.

I’m attaching several photo’s of last years 2007 Yankee Lake swap meet. Thought everyone may get a kick out of seeing what we go through around here to get them old parts.

Lets see some photo’s of where all of you are going to get your parts.
    Before anyone asks, yes it does get quite grey around here in winter
    Attached Files

Now tell me this table doesn't intrest you abit?
    Attached Files

Comment

If your serious about the part the vendor will snow brush it off for ya.
      Attached Files

Comment

This guy got the primo spot infront of the ballroom door.
        Attached Files

Comment

And finally a picture of a tradition lost.
          Attached Files

Comment

Living in Phoenix Arizona I feel kind of bad for you guys in Ohio.....We have our problems getting those parts when we have to drive in the summer time in 120 degree heat....Here's Super Dave at Highway Choppers in Glendale Arizona....He was showing me his newly reconstucted 59 and 60 Panheads...NICE BIKES....
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm adding this photo from Dave and Ken's shop. Look close...This is an exact re-constuction they did of the Panhead Peter Fonda road in Wild Angels...Dave said the guy would only allow him to use authentic Harley Davidson parts, no remake garbage from across the ocean (I hope I said that nicely for those riding the other brands).
              Attached Files

Comment

I might as well show you guys a photo of Dave, the owner of Highway Choppers......This is one really nice guy. He didn't treat this newbee like garbage when I took my bike there for some tuning up...Hope Dave doesn't get mad at me for posting his photo.....
                Attached Files

Comment

Ken and Dave are two of the best motorcycle people I have had the good fortune to know. Dedicated, hard working, and serious about their enthusiasm for old bikes. I don't think Dave will be too happy about his picture being on the internet though, unless he's mellowed some, no uh uh, not a chance.

Comment

Here's whats funny about the photo...Dave showed me around the shop while I snapped pics. He told me to snap his photo so I could send it to a guy that did business with him in California. He was actually pretty funny and very informative.

Comment

Ed nice job quit some time ago i was at this shop ...just to see what was going on,was visiting a friend in the area,well long story short we where running late to get on a plane back east,I ended up buying a NOS set of saddle bags for a Pan of mine,the other two friends I was with had to loan me money and we just barely made the plane....the bike still to this day looks soooo fine with those bags!!! Now Im talkin at least 15 years ago !!!! and you are right nicest people I met out there,next to my old HighSchool buddy !
                      As for the snowy Swap-Meet I think I see a Indian 2up seat on the ground I could use ??? Is it still for sale ?????

Comment

If Dave is going to get mad at me I might as well show off his talent....This is one of his recreations...Fresh from the paint shop.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here's Dave's other bike fresh out of the hands of Dave and Ken.....
                          Attached Files

Comment

I'm sorry OHIO....I'll add this last photo of one of my favorite cycles that sit in front of Highway Chopper....Now Dave and Ken can chase me down and beat me up for tossing their shop on the net.....They shouldn't be so good at what they do.....
                            Attached Files

Comment

No apology needed Ed. Please do keep those beautiful photos coming. Not much to do around here in the winter except look at old photo’s and imagine myself riding a few of those great machines. Thanks for sharing them. Got any more?

Comment

Working...
                              X