old school vs. new school/ board members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old school vs. new school/ board members

i'm not sure if its me or is anyone got the feeling that these new faces on the AMCA board of directors are falling below par? i have gotten spoofed by the new advertising manager on the 2008 commercial advertising renewal and now i am still waiting for my 2008 membership renewal.

i have been a member in good standing since 2002, attend many meets as a vendor and bike show participant, do judging w/ kevin v. many of my customers also attend and have their bikes judged and have had a good rapor with all the different chapter members at the nat'l meets we have attended and now i feel like my contributions do not matter..i never had a problem when doug strange or peter hientz were the advertising managers and wanda was fabulous to deal with. i just called the member chairperson and felt like my phone call was inconvienance to whatever she was doing before she picked up the phone.

i am not having a bad day but am curious if anyone else is getting this treatment.

if its to much work for these new directors to handle maybe we should find other people to take over before it gets out of hand?

i understand there may be some bumps in the road during the transition but to make the member feel like they are the problem doesn't seem right, and this is wha i have expierienced since december.

i have never had a reason to post on this forum and am not a complainer but would like some feedback from other members and maybe pete gagan can step in and investigate.

I had e-mailed the membership chair person about my membership card and received a curtious and honestly a very quick responce from her

Comment

i thought it would be best to just call her and get it taken care of ASAP pay with a credit card etc.. she made it very apparent that my phone call was a complete inconvenience.

Comment

Hello, Something tells me to stay outta this post.... What I'm hearing and I could be wrong ofcourse, I've seen this in other organizations that I'm in as they grow larger the ratio of executive board members doesn't necessarily follow to handle personal issues as simple as paying dues or ordering items. With the internet as we are using here many don't still have it or if they do they may not feel comfortable using it with credit cards. When I joined the AMCA #3892 in the mid 80's that was the membership...now the # is well over 10K heading to 20K I'm sure fast. These board members have lives just like ours and maybe just aren't waiting to serve it's members. The Holiday or Post Holiday Blues is common and some people have bad days too. LOL I'm a Devils Advocate for sure, I'm sure this incident isn't common and sorry to hear about it too. Keep Ridin Them, Merlin in Pa.

Comment

i have already had a discussion with another club member about putting more government in the government......... what i am wondering is EXACTLY what is the reasoning for additional board members? and do they have an official postion tag? life is stressful enough and if the staure is going to make them feel better yet they cannot be helpful to the individual (existing and potential AMCA members) or the cause (THE AMCA) then gracefully backout and be a member in good standing.... i'm not interested in beaurocracy i am a member asking a member for assistance......not an attitude, if i want that i can call my EX wife

have a look at the road tour section of my shop's web site:

http://home.tiscali.nl/~jahstof/sonny/sonny.htm
          http://home.tiscali.nl/~jahstof/sonny/roadtour.htm

the server is doing updates so the pages could load slow....if anybody is out there pushing the AMCA like i am .......without any compensation from the AMCA......... its me because i believe in the big picture, not my own personal resume

Comment

My understanding is that, while the board members are volunteers, the ad manager and membership manager are paid staff positions. If you don't think they're doing the job they're paid to do you should let a board member know ... Perry

Comment

hi,

i have already been in contact with pete and he is aware of both circumstances. both problems have been solved between myself and the officers involved. my reason for the original post was to see if anyone else has had any problems with the new officers who have filled the vacated positions.....

Comment

i know that the advertising manager position is a paid position, read on pg 18 the summer 2007 issue of the AMC i appied for the adv. mngr position. i was not chosen for the pos.. if i was i would have had to decline due to the work load i have in my shop. it would not have been fair to the AMCA advertisers or my own customers if i was to attempt to "burn the candle at both ends"

Comment

Working...
                X