Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For a Trailer Recommendation

Good Day Everyone!
    Can anyone recommend a good enclosed trailer for hauling up to four Indian Motorcycles? I've heard of Pace American, Sharp, Covenant, Interstate, Haulmark, etc. I'm assuming I would need a 7 x 16 footer at least to haul four bikes.
    Anyone had any good experiences or bad experiences with the above named manufacturers? Most of the ones I have looked at run between 5 and 7K when configured with D-rings and wheel chocks for four bikes.
    I'll be pulling them with an '08 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD so there shouldn't be a problem with the towing vehicle. Before I jump into this, I thought I would ask since I can't seem to find any comparisons anywhere. I even went to Consumer Reports and nothing there. Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Ken

Hi
    I bought a Pace 7X14 Enclosed trailer last year.
    it hauls 3 vintage harleys, very well, and tows nice.
    using a 2007 Chevrolet 1500, 2wd
    I think that the Pace is one of the "lower price trailers"
    of the ones you mentioned, mine was $4500 this one has
    the ramp rear door and the "drop" tail for easier cycle loading.
    one thing, I forgot to look at is the top of the roof, on the outside. They must have had a 6 year old put the sealer on.
    Good Luck Lee

Comment

I just bought a 07 leftover haulmark v nose low hauler 7x14 I can fit 3 bikes easy. I would think the 16 would definately do the job. I have the torsion axles which ride a little better in my opinion. Compared to a Carmate trailer I had with a flat nose this gives me around 2 to 3 mpgs more.

moose

Comment

Haulmark would be my choice,Ive had them all and they(haulmark) seems to have held up the best.But thats just a personal preferance

Comment

looking for a trailer recommendation

Ken
          I have had a 16' Pace since 1990, it tows well behind my 2500 series van or my 29' motorhome. I have changed from the D rings to the E track, this allows more flexibility when not fully loaded with 4 bikes. I also set up my wheel chocks on a piece of 3/4" plywood just wider then the chocks so I can move them wherever needed.
          Kevin

Comment

Okay, this is going to sound like I work for the company, which I do not, but Featherlight is my favorite. All aluminum, v-nose, correctly placed axle. Will save you a ton in fuel costs because so much lighter and aerodynamic. The draw back? More expensive up front, but you won't be sorry. Steve

Comment

For my work, I have had a Pace and an Interstate.. NOT impressed with the quality of either. I also had problems with the frames on both.

I have a 14' Wells Cargo now w/ the 5000# axles. It is a very good trailer, built rock solid. They use a rectangular tubing frame instead of I-beams like most.

I am hauling more weight (9,000 lbs) than you would for four motorcycles, so maybe the other trailers would hold up just fine.

Comment

A Featherlite trailer would be my first choice, but unless you're going to use it 15,000 + miles a year or have deep pockets just for toys, the cost isn't really justified in my opinion. I have a new Haulmark 22 ft base model and can haul my race car, two Harley bikes and all my gear with room to spare. It's being converted now for hauling 5 bikes, a Servi-car and my display for shows.

Kurt

Comment

Thanks for the great inputs everyone! The Wells Cargo and Haulmark are very nice for the price and the 8 to 10 week waiting period just to get one, at least where I'm at. I'm looking at a Sharp Manufacturing 7x16 footer with torsion axles that looks pretty good and is available now with a price tag about $2,000 less. I'll keep ya posted on my progress...

Ken

Comment

trailer recommendation

we bought a 6X12 wells cargo in late in 2001, ( its actually a 2002 model. i custom ordered it from lucky's trailer sales in vermont. i added a tool box to the front wall & e-track to the floor its been to wauseon, ('03, '06, '07) davenport ('05), mid ohio ('02), chesapeake ('04), brookfield ('04), oley (03, 04, 05, 06, 07), rhinebeck ('05, '07) , hebron ('03, '04, '06, '07) knock on wood i have not had one problem with it it pulls very nice, they make a nice trailer and would buy another

Comment

Roadmaster

Check out http://www.roadmasterllc.com/. It is a comparable unit to the Haulmark line. It still will take 6-8 weeks to produce though there are dealers around depending on your location.

Comment

Working...
                      X