The board may be bumpy for a few hours/days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The board may be bumpy for a few hours/days

Just a quick message to let you know I'm doing some back-end work on the board prior to the migration to the new site. You might notice some odd things (slowness, weird threads, etc.). Depending on how much I can get done, this may be less than 24 hours.

Actually, my hope is that you'll see none of those things, but I just wanted to give you a heads up.

I'll let you know when everything's clear.

- Michael

Thanks for the warning Michael!!! This forum is my winter fix. Now that I know there could be bumps, my withdrawals shouldn't be too bad.............

Comment

Fun stats

Just pulled the old board into the new system.

Here's the numbers

Import users: 3826
      Import forums: 58
      Import thread: 4144
      Import post: 21339
      Import poll: 9
      Import attachment (images): 1374

So far, so good.

Comment

Where we stand

Looks like everything imported correctly into the new system. The next steps involve me contacting a couple senior/active members to go in and start trying to break it...er...test it.

Stay tuned.

[edit] Oh yeah. It looks really ugly right now. [/edit]

Comment

We're all in this together. Keep at it. ...bill

Comment

I'm not seeing any drastic difference or changes yet and I have my fingers crossed about this. The old AMCA forum engine here worked perfectly on my old Mac but several forum engines out there won't let an old Mac post at all.

Running an old Mac in a PC world is sort of like owning an Indian in Old Milwaukee must have been.

That, of course, raises the lingering mystery again of why Johnny Spiegelhoff left H-D and went over to Indian. I've heard recently that Harleys didn't have the speed he needed.

Comment

New Board

Any of the changes that would happen would be when I try to export data from this board to the new board. Since we're doing a complete upgrade (same software, new version), the changes are happening on the new host.

You shouldn't any changed to the interface here. If you do, I've done something horribly wrong (which has been known to happen).

Comment

Well everything is fine so far thankyou for the heads-up it is nice to know before hand that something is going to change !!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Comment

Yes, everything is looking and acting the same and that is good news for this Old Mac laptop.

Comment

My first Log-In did require me to re-set my password. I recieved my new password by e-mail within 2 minutes. I then used the link provided from that e-mail to go in and change my password back to what it was. Everything went as smooth as butter. -Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X