Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RECENT PHOTOS...Of AMCA members and their vintage scooters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RECENT PHOTOS...Of AMCA members and their vintage scooters.

Being a new member of the AMCA, I'm thinking I'm associated with some of the COOLEST people in the world. We all love the classics rides and some of even realized the fun of side shifting, foot clutching and maybe force feeding some oil by hand. I find the website even cooler because the forum is open up around the world. I'm hoping to see photos of our members and their vintage scooters. If I'm lucky I might be able to identify some of you if I get to go to the meeting in March (Barrago Springs, Ca). I hope to see some posting soon....Thanks ahead of time....
    Attached Files

Nice bike, if ya make Borrego and the weathers good you will like it. Great roads and scenery, not much traffic - its one of my favorites. You and your machine will love it.

Comment

Nice looking Knuckle ya got there Ed

Comment

I'm a BMW kind of guy, I have 7.5 of them. This is my most recent purchase, a 1928 BMW R52 500cc sidevalve:

I'm hoping it will be back on the road soon, as the final drive is being worked on right now.

I was very lucky that a friend let me ride his 1913 Douglas 2 3/4hp in a rally in Germany two years ago:

I was able to do the entire 75 mile run, even though the bike has but 2 gears and no clutch. It was interesting indeed riding a bike that had a manual oil pump!

Comment

OK, here's my pic.
          That's me with the 1920J and my buddy Sven with the 35VDS in Dinkelsbüehl, Germany last AMCA meet after a spin through the beautiful landscape with its old willages.
          Fiskis
          Attached Files

Comment

75 miles with 2 gears, man what a ride that would be....Love that BMW you got but I have to admit that the gas tank is pretty wild on that machine. I'm getting my education on old cycles because I had never heard of a Douglas before. 7.5 BMW's sounds like a nice collection to have.

I have to admit, that photo from the Finland crew really got me. The bikes look really good and the scenery to ride in wouldn't bother me any at all. It's hard for me to believe all the classic cycles over in Europe. I was blown away to hear about all the Harley's too.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Comment

Harley was the most common motorcycle in the 1920:ies and 1930:ies in Finland. Second was Indian. European bikes were not strong enough for the dirt roads (mud ditches) of those days. The 1920 J was found in 1965 in a coal cellar where it had sat since 1930. Unfortunately it was not preserved as it was, but was concidered a good restoration project. Today you would not touch a 45-year old 5000 mile original paint bike.

The 35 is an ex-policebike with great local history.

Fiskis

Comment

I'm assuming the J is a 61 cu inch and the 1935 is a 74 cu inch?.........I'm trying to get my lesson on the old machines......Did you do the restoration?...Do you guys ride the bikes over long distance or are these short rides? I can't seem to keep myself off my 42 and it's driving my wife crazy, she has to smell my rich cloud of smoke that comes from the pipe. At least we don't have bugs flying around our neighborhood thanks to the old fogger.

Comment

Well lookie here............ Special Ed it's refreshing to see the spirit of a fella that has discovered these machines and fallen in lust with them!!! Watch out though, you could become severely addicted and turn into crazy lunatics like a lot of us........... Your assumption on the J model is correct. I believe that they didn't introduce the 74 inch model until '21. The V model should be a 74 as well. If I"m wrong, someone here will know. Welcome Ed.........may you have many more years of motorcycle insanity ahead of you!!!

Comment

You are correct about the cu.inces. Yes me and my crazy buddies ride our bikes whenever we have the time and lust for it. For me technical functioning go before looks. I do a lot myself, but I have buddies who are mechanical geniuses that help me when my desired level of quality exceeds my skills.
                    Last summer I did most of my riding on a not-so-AMCA-correct 47FL. There is nothing compared to running a well-tuned old Harley on a good old country road a summer day!
                    Fiskis

Comment

Insanity has already hit. My buddy with the 31V HD keeps calling me from the Las Vegas motorycycle auction. I keep telling him to purchase a $500 paddle and start buying. He's trying to get his older son in to the crazy classic bike gig and I'm trying to get my buddies to add one more motorcycle to their newbee bike collection. I just told my wife that our next bike will be a 40's era Flathead with a side car so she to can ride with us....This sickness is just wrong.
                      I have owned an 83 Shovelhead since 1989 so I was riding a classic before it was a classic...or something like that...Thank God I didn't sell it and I kept all the old parts. I wish I would have got the older bike bug before they went up so much in price....oh well, I have one now.....
                      Just one more note....I'm looking for classic cycle events in Arizona and others to ride with. I go to Highway Chopper in Phoenix to get some of my work done, but those guys are pretty busy and I hate to pester Dave or Ken. I guess I should start another THREAD to hunt down the local boys. Maybe I'll move to Finland and ride with Fiskis and his buddy...Those guys look like they're having fun over there....
                      Okay, the wife is telling me we have to hit the road...Off to the store for me....Catch you guys later....

Comment

Ed, The Rocky mountain chapter is sponsoring a National Road Run in New Mexico(Angel Fire/Taos area) in June. Come on out and ride your old iron with a group of like minded folks. Details in the spring issue coming up.
                        Robbie

Comment

RUB....I'm pretty sure you're building a 42FL if I'm not mistaken. I tried to reply to your email the other day but for some reason our company computer sytem said it didn't go through.
                          I'm going to continue to monitor this thread so keep me posted on the ride in June. I don't think I'll be able to attend because I'm supposed to head out to Missouri for a Corvette event my 31V buddy, he's a HUGE Corvette and Harley guy. Keep me posted anyway.....
                          By the way, post a photo of the 42 in progress if my memory is correct.

Comment

Ed,
                            What's a Corvette??
                            Robbie

Comment

A Corvette is a product in my garage that will be sold to purchase a classic Harley for my wife. It's to bad it's a 93, I'll be lucky to purchase a Flathead.

Comment

Working...
                              X