Need to find 42 Knuckle history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to find 42 Knuckle history

I just purchased my first 42 FL a few months ago. I want to research the past hisory on my bike and I want to see if anyone has any tips.

From the story I got from the seller, this Knuckle was on display at the Scoot & Blues bar in Durango Colorado for about 5 years. Maybe someone has some thoughts on that.

These fellows might remember it;
    http://durangoharley.com/miscpage_001.asp
    Spelled Scoot'n Blues;
    http://www.scootnblues.com

Comment

Hey, I was in that place summer of '05 as I recall. Cool place, the Scoot'n Blues Cafe & Lounge, Durango. My wife started a pretty good display of macho defense as we left the place. Dang bikers.
      I've got the t-shirt. It shows two bikes up on shelves, a 40 or 41 Chief, and a tri-tone blue Harley, but I can't tell if it's a knuckle, looks more like a pan. They had a number of vintage bikes in there. Cool find. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the site for Durango Harley Owners Group, I didn't even think about that.
        Dating the knuckle back to it's time in that bar. The guy I bought it from had it for about 5 years so the little monster would have been displayed around 2001 and prior.
        By the way....My buddy in California was 87 when he showed me how to ride his 1949 Panhead. I rode it in a parade while he rode his 45EL and my other buddy rode his 31V Harley. This year I took the 42 up the mountain and we all rode together. For one, I've ridden my 83 Shovel for many years but never was so excited until I learned to ride the old side shifters. I'm now sharing this hidden joy with the young crotch rocket guys and they're starting to get the bug for old motorcycles. Number 2, it's something else to ride with an 88 year old man who still kick starts his Knuclehead and have a person who has lived the early years of Harley Davidson, sharing the best of the best stories.
        Old classic bikes have not only given me a history lesson of the good old USA but has given me a new perspective on living the good life with a slower pace.
        Thanks again for the help....

Comment

Special Ed, drop me a line,I also have a 42 FL I am building.
          Robbie

Comment

RUB,

I'll shoot you an email from work tomorrow. I'm trying to post a photo of my old beast if this works.
            Attached Files

Comment

This is a photo of my buddy with his 31V Harley and my 42FL before out big ride in the California mountains with our old buddy Frank (the 88 year old, Harley kick starting legend).
              Attached Files

Comment

This is a photo of Terry with a broke down 31V. The motor chocked up bad coming up the hill. Terry's school of Harley repair noted a compression release on the rear cylinder that came loose.....Problem was fixed and we were on the road. Note the old guy sitting on the bike off to the right. That's Frank "The 88 Year Old legend". He's riding his 45EL Knuckle.
                Attached Files

Comment

Of course we got the Terry's bike up and running and off the group goes......

Let me say again....I'm blessed to get to ride with Frank (See photo of Frank in the 40's posted under OLD PHOTOS). He started riding in his early 20's, which would be around 1939 and man he's got some great stories.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X