Harmony Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmony Meet

Question for Colonial chapter members. Was there a Harmony 07 and will there be a 08. There’s nothing on the site. I used to go to this meet years ago and would like to reattend if it’s still going on. Then again the classifieds have not been upgraded since 05 and none of them are dated. Thanks, Bob

Bob, the Harmony Meet was ended by the Colonial Chapter for good. Instead we voted to go in with the new Rhinebeck National Meet. The first Rhinebeck meet took place in 07.

Harmony is now just a great memory of AMCA shows of the past. Hrdly

Comment

Hrdly why was it terminated? I was at Reinbeck this past summer.

Comment

This question would be best left for Kevin to answer as he has most of the information that surround the vote that ended the Colonial Chapters reason(s) to end the Harmony Meet.

But generally we had to make a timely decision on whether to renew the deal with the Warren County Fairgrounds for the (then) upcoming 2007 meet.

Many factors for not continuing with the Harmony Show included minimal participation by Colonial Membership to run the show (Less people doing all the work required to run it), continued Bad weather over the years, on-going negotiations for a mult-Chapter meet in the Rhinebeck facilities (more people from different Chapters able to carry the enormous work load of running an event) Fewer and fewer vending spots at Harmony being sold...again likely from the weather over the years. The close proximaty of the Oley, Pa event just a couple weeks before our own reduced the chances of out-of-state AMCA member vendors making the long trip back to the East...etc...etc.

We took a Vote...good or bad...but that's about it. I miss Harmony too, but then I didn't always participate every year in the manual labor that it took to run the show.

Hope I didn't say anything not factual, but that's about what I remember. I'm sure someone will jump in and give even more correct info on this. Hrdly

Comment

Hrdly, I apreciate you getting back so fast. I just sent Kevin an e-mail. I didn't know I had to apply to the chapter directly. Hope to meet up with you this June. Thanks, Bob

Comment

Bob, I'm sitting around today just taking it easy and surfing the net and E'bay

The only reason I mention Kevin is because he's the Pres of the Colonial Chapter. Of course Dennis Craig also knows the whole background story.

Yeah, I'm definitly getting out to Rhinebeck this year. Can't believe I missed the first one. Of course it is just a tad bit longer of a ride to get to then Harmony was. Hrdly

Comment

Harly. Its a haul! Not up but when your beat It's a long haul home. My 11 and 13 old boys had the time of thier lives there this summer. It apeers that all the rest of the members have kids to. The Duchess County fair grounds are the best I've ever been to They have real trees for shade. Unheard of at other fair grounds and little red signs on the Rhinebeck bridge that say life is worth living, phone just ahead! Hello suicide hot line. Please hold! AAAAAAAAAA! Lol, Bob

Comment

Did you stay overnite on the grounds or stayed in a motel/hotel?

I want to get a vending space for the show this year. Because my wife likes to attend shows also, I'll have to get a room for overnight.

Probably should start reserving things now. Hrdly

Comment

This time we went back and fourth. This year I’m up in the air whether I’m going to sell or just show but I’m willing to volunteer now that ya put me in the right direction. I can’t wait. Two weeks later is the Harley Rendezvous in Mariaville. This will make my 25 year at that event. Party!

Comment

I used to do a lot of one day motorcycle show/swap meets over the years. Mass, Delaware, New York, New Hampshire, Conn, Pa, etc. Those one day up and same night back are killer on the brain/body.

Harmony was good because it was close to my house. I could go there in the AM and come back home at night thru out the weekend if I wanted to.

Won't be able to do that at Rhinebeck now though. Have to get a room or camp. Getting to old for that camping stuff. Hard on the back these days. Not to mention the wife isn't having anything to do with that. Hrdly

Comment

My wife bean's answer to the Rendezvous is straight and clear. When they start making tents out of sheetrock count me in! O honey that Port"A"san isan't that dirty. Till death do us part!

Comment

harmony meet in new jersey is no more,they are now part of the coalition meet at rhinebeck

Comment

Harmony meet

the Harmony meet is now history, as stated in the other post that about covers the reasons. Colonial Chapter now works at making the new Rhinebeck National the best place to be in June on the East Coast. check out www.rhinebecknationalmeet.com for information about lodging etc. it is a new site and being updated constantly, so keep checking it for information.
                          see you all there

Comment

Working...
                          X