Can anyone identify this part?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone identify this part?

Harley rocker clutch, doesn't quite match anything in Palmer's book. It came with a side strap and is supposed to be for a WL. It has the short ( 1 7/16") stud like the late '38-'40 Big Twin rocker, but has the stud for the clutch rod located 1" higher like the '41-later rocker. The shape also looks like a Big Twin rocker. Does anyone know if the shape was different on a '40-earlier 45 rocker? I know the mid-thirties 45 rockers had a different shape, but the only pictures I can find for a 45 rocker is a '41-up. Not quite sure what I have exactly. Also, some brain surgeon re-tapped the stud with what looks like an NPT tap with about 6 thread per inch pitch, any ideas how I can salvage it??
    Attached Files

hogluvr.......can't help you identify the part, but the pivot stud can be replaced. Grind off the old weld and replace it, Check with Warren , at 45 Restoration Company. I think they are $15.00
    Rod

Comment

Rod,

Thanks, I've seen those repair parts, don't know how hard it would be to fix. I guess first I've gotta figure out if I'm gonna keep it, doesn't seem to match up with what I thought it was...

Mike

Comment

Working...
      X