• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee 1929

Hello from Germany,

here's a Pic from 1929.

Maybe somebody can help me ?

Who are the Guys left and right from Herb Reiber ?

Fritz
    www.harleysons.de
    Attached Files

old photo

I checked my collection of close to 500 vintage motorcycle photo's and could not come up with a match,the factory photo's I have are from mechanic's classes(47-48) from when my Dad started there (June 1948- retired august 2003),the guys may be Art Earlenbaugh,and Bill Knuth,but I don't have any photographic proof,and the last time I met Bill Knuth was late 50's early 60's.
    Do you happen to have other photo's showing the bike?
    looks interesting. Ken S.

Comment

Hi Ken,

thanks for your answer.

Fritz
      Attached Files

Comment

Here another Pic in front of a "Harley"-Guesthouse in Milwaukee 1929 to 1930

The Guy left is the Germany Harley-Davidson Factory Racer Paul Weyres and in the Background is Jim Underwood.

Knows anybody the other Boys ?

Fritz

www.harleysons.de
        Attached Files

Comment

Amazing photos as always Fritz. Where do you find this stuff ??? Also on the DAH photo there seems to be another guy on the right (dressed in white). Why not show the full photo?
          Eric

Comment

Hi Eric,

many years of "hunting" and research . . .

on the right: Mr. Paul Weyres from Aachen, Germany

On the following Picture you can see Paul Weyres (from behind) and the 30CAF302 - 1930 Prototype 30.50 cu. in. (500 cc) OHV Single Road Racer in front of the H-D "Race-Dept.", Milwaukee, Wis. USA 1930

work on Vol. III, now:

Harley-Davidson Factory Racer Paul Weyres, Germany

see Homepage Infos: (sorry german only)http://www.harleysons.de/Paul_Weyres.htm

Hope to see you and many other AMCA Member this year at the AMCA European Chapter Meet in Dinkelsbühl, Germany
            http://www.harleysons.de

Fritz
            Attached Files

Comment

photo's

the photo of paul w.,he is facing what would be the south east corner of the Jueneu Ave factory,the fence is hiding the garage door and shipping dock,dept. 43 exp. engineering was thru the door and to the right,in the basement level. Ken S.

Comment

Paul at Home 1930

Thank you for this Information.

On the Pic you can see Paul Weyres and the 750cc ohv Racebike at a race in Austria 1930

Fritz
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Harleyson's
                  Here another Pic in front of a "Harley"-Guesthouse in Milwaukee 1929 to 1930

The Guy left is the Germany Harley-Davidson Factory Racer Paul Weyres and in the Background is Jim Underwood.

Knows anybody the other Boys ?

Fritz

www.harleysons.de
                  The guy with the flat-top golfing hat with his arm around Weyres sort of looks like Red Parkhurst to me. Not sure, but according to old Squibby Parkhurst was working in Beloit around this time period and would come to the Factory to visit.

Comment

Red Parkhurst

Hi Herb,

have here a picture of Leslie "Red" Parkhurst (left) and Joe Wolter. The picture was taken in 1915

The Picture with Paul Weyres was taken in 1929

Fritz
                    Attached Files

Comment

Red

and another from 1915
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X