AMA Hall of Fame Disaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMA Hall of Fame Disaster?

Anyone have any details on what the heck is going on over at the AMA Hall of Fame in the last week or so?

I am hearing things I simply can't and do not wish to believe.

How much does our club suport the AMA and the AMA Hall of Fame? And how involved should we be in this?

Go to onthepiperacing.com and read a posting that appears to be a quote from "Cycle News". After the cited gory details, the posting concludes with "Attempts by 'Cycle News' to reach AMA Vice President Director of Communications Kerry Graeber were unsuccessful."

Comment

More info

There is more info on Ed Youngbloods
      website below -

http://www.motohistory.net/news.html

Comment

It's interesting to note how little interest this post has received. I'm only speaking for myself, but I don't really give a hoot about the AMA. I don't even know what they are anymore. There was a time in the past when the AMA was an important and progressive organization that did a lot of good and promoted some great racing. I quit the AMA about 10 years ago but I would like someone to give me some good reasons to re-join.

Buzz, the AMCA used to send large amounts of money to the AMA for who knows what. That is a very sensitive subject with old member of our club and an episode that many of our members still get very angry about. I think the AMCA was suppose to get a wing of the Heritage museum or something. It all came apart for some reason. Maybe someone knows the politics of that fiasco.

Comment

I don't have any knowledge on this post. I am a ground level volunteer at some AMA events, mostly connected on the museum side. I have never raced, so I don't know about that side of the AMA. I know politically and legislatively, they are very important. Every time I hear about some history of the AMA there seems to be some controversy. There is controversy in the AMCA too. I belong to other motorcycle orgs. too. I know if I am not involved, I shouldn't say ****. If you think about all the AMA tries to do, it almost seems impossible. All I know is that I love cycles, and more important, cycling. I don't care about bikes if I can't take tgem out on the road and enjoy the freedom thet offer. I don't know Mr. Youngblood, but I do know that whatever he says is one mans opinion, until I know the whole story. I am surprised how many riders I know that take advantage of what the AMCA, AMA, Abate, MRF, etc. have to offer, and won't spend one red cent to join, or support any of them, but sure can bitch. They are the ones who need to taste shoe leather.
          Mike

Comment

I'm a longtime member of AMA, because I believe someone needs to be our voice, lest we get legislated right out of our hobby. It's been tried, and stopped (by the AMA) before, and will surely be tried again. (Remember the proposed sport bike ban before congress several years ago?)

My AMA membership renewal came in the mail yesterday. I didn't bother to open it, since I was alerted to the scandal on Dec. 8th by a member of another special interest m/c club to which I belong, and am a board member.

Yes, every club/organization has it's tough times, and we need a diversified board to handle such things with a well rounded view. Mr. Dingman doesn't seem to share this opinion.

Comment

I dont belong to the AMA nor have I ever supported this clubs backing of AMA but it is all unfortunate and I wish the poor people that got the boot best of luck !

Comment

Working...
              X