New member to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member to the forum

Hi, My name is Mark I've been a member of the club for many years. I'm a Tool & Die Maker by trade and a small motorcycle shop owner part time, the shops name is Early Iron Motorcycles, I've been running it for about 25 years now. We are also members of the VMBC and the Cushman club, we love all things two wheeled and have alot of fun working on, and riding old motorcycles, motorbikes and scooters. My life with motorcycles has been vary good to me and my family. My wifes and my families have been involved with motorcycles, motorbikes and scooters since the begining, our grandparents and parents rode, our kids are involved in this life and love it to, we try to make as many meets as we can during the year and the kids always have fun, this is a great way to keep familys close and I'm glad to be part of it.

Re: New member to the forum

Originally posted by Early Iron MC
    Hi, My name is Mark I've been a member of the club for many years. I'm a Tool & Die Maker by trade and a small motorcycle shop owner part time, the shops name is Early Iron Motorcycles, I've been running it for about 25 years now. We are also members of the VMBC and the Cushman club, we love all things two wheeled and have alot of fun working on, and riding old motorcycles, motorbikes and scooters. My life with motorcycles has been vary good to me and my family. My wifes and my families have been involved with motorcycles, motorbikes and scooters since the begining, our grandparents and parents rode, our kids are involved in this life and love it to, we try to make as many meets as we can during the year and the kids always have fun, this is a great way to keep familys close and I'm glad to be part of it.
    Hi Mark,

Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you have a nice thing going with the old bikes, etc. When you say your family goes back to the "beginning" how far back do you actually mean? You had the Wagner motorcycle there in nearby St. Paul as early as 1901 if I recall correctly.

I know Hudson well as I went to school at UW-RF and lived west of Roberts in an old farm house just south of Twin Lakes near the freeway back in 1976-78. Rode my black Panhead sidecar rig to UW-RF every day right thru the winter. Took it or my 45 solo over to Hudson Fleet-Farm more than once.

Comment

Hi HarleyCreation, My familys been involed with motorcycles from right around the time they first came out, my grandparents rode in the teens and '20s my wifes family was more into motorbikes and scooters in the old days my fatherinlaw has about 20 cushmans and whizzers My dads been into bikes since he was a kid, when I was young he had an Indian four (I wish he would have kept it for me) and many other bikes, my uncle had a shop in the Twin Citys back in the 20s and raced at the state fair grounds track in the '20s and '30s he was also a HellDriver his name was Charlie (Nifty Fargo) Cobb. In '79 I moved up to Hudson from Chicago and started hanging out at Emmas in RF, I ride by the twin lakes all the time going to Roberts.

Comment

Yeah, he should have kept that Indian Four for you!

I moved out of your area in 1978.

Dumb question, but do you know the ride down through Martell (I think) and then down the Rush River valley (CT-D?) to the Mississippi River near Maiden Rock? That was my favorite route to reach the fanstastically beautiful ride along the Great River Road!

Comment

We Ride all around that area it's some of the best riding in this area. We used to ride to Baycity for the hillclimbs alot, but then everywhere we ride in Wis. is great. Where are you living now?

Comment

Working...
          X