allow myself to introduce me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allow myself to introduce me....

On many forums its customary to do an intro...so here i go....my name is garett and i'm from the interior of BC ,near enderby...i am building a JD that my grandfather gave me about fifteen years ago...i had some fun trying to find parts before the internet (ebay) and since i have built up a little pile of the stuff i needed and now its time to start assembly...problem is that, it was years ago that i tore down what was stiil together....i went to the museum in Richmond,B.C. and took a lot of pics of the ones there for reference....i am good with tools and am fully equiped to handle most fab jobs...i have been planning this build for years...not trying to go origional cuz its a 28 JC with a front wheel with no brakes so its a mixed pile of parts to start...my ultimate goal is have it going while gramps is still around....i have been a member of the amca for about five years now and am proud to be one ...spent lots of time building hotrods....here is apic of me and my fiance

if you think you can help me with overcomming my nervousness about getting into the engine and smaller details of this build or have parts and knowledge ....please don't hesitate to speak up...thanks for lookin...

Garret there are PLENTY of people here that will be MORE than glad to help you with your build!Check the forums ask questiions and youll get all you need! Ohhh by the way nice ride you and your Gal have !!!

Comment

thanks inline4nut ... i have since discovered the "harley davidson other" tech section and will use it to answer my questions...great site here guys and i should have been on here years ago...

Comment

Welcome aboard Garett....... That's a cool ride you've got there. I used to live in your neck of the woods years back. It's an awesome spot to cruise on the old iron!!! Glad to hear your going to tackle the J model. They are great bikes. If you wanted some local help, there are a couple of pretty knowledgeable fellas in your area. Inline is also right, there's a lot of know how floating around this forum too. Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Comment

The info and people you need to contact are on yahoo groups. The group is titled harleyjd. Lots of images, documents and knowledge.

Comment

thanks guys...i found a link to that yesterday in the "hd other" tech section ..great info ...info is what i'm lacking...i have a engine rebuild manual...parts guide to 36...jd riders guide ....but i am in need of a overall manual ...if one exists...

Comment

Welcome Garrett

Welcome aboard Garrett - There are tons of resources to use helping you with your JD - One person in particlur I can think of. He will introduce himself to you I am sure - Johnny Wittsett has taken a 1929 JD from bottom to top. He is a regular here at the forum. Also use the Want ads in the AMCA for needed parts - I can help you there if needed.
              David Lloyd - Advertising Manager

Comment

Garrett,
                Welcome to the forum !
                David is partially correct in his statement. The part he overlooked is that i had "alot" of help from friends and folks on this forum.
                Good luck on your project, and if i can assist you i will.
                Don't think you will find many assembly manuals on the "J's".
                As well as there are many changes year to year.
                Good luck
                johnny whitsett

Comment

Working...
                X