Rollie Free Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollie Free Blog

Fans of Rollie Free, and those interested in my Rollie Free biography "Flat Out! The Rollie Free Story," are invited to read and post on my Rollie Free blog. Do a google search for "rollie free book" and you will arrive at the blog quickly.

Great book. Thanks for putting it together and publishing it Jerry.

Comment

Great now you guys have got me really curious. I'm holding off on reading my copy until the snow has drifted half way up my house.........

Comment

So how can people order their own copy of the Rollie Free book?

Thanks,

Buzz Kanter

Comment

Just e-mail Jerry and get a copy directly from him........

Comment

Rollie Free book -- how to order

"Flat Out! The Rollie Free Story" USA orders: Send your check for $54.95 ($58.95 if in Texas) to Jerry Hatfield, 605 Hinsdale Dr., Arlington, TX 76006. Include autograph instructions. Books are shipped via USPS Media Mail, and delivery usually takes 5 - 10 days. Questions: beemer73@sbcglobal.net; 817-861-2822. UK/Europe orders: Order from VOC Spares on line or by telephone, and pay with your credit card; the price is 29.95 pounds plus shipping within/from the UK. Australia and New Zealand orders: Order by phone from Harley City in Brunswick, Victoria, and pay with your credit card. The price is $99.95 AUS plus shipping within/from Australia.

Comment

My Rollie Free blog is up and running -- finally, after dealing with carpel tunnel surgery.

I've posted the first of a series of previously unpublished pictures of Rollie Free.

Comment

Previously Unpublished Picture #2 is now posted. This is a scene from the 1934 Jacksonville 200, showing Rollie Free and Rody Rodenburg in racing attire, and Rodenburg's Indian 101 Scout.

Comment

Carpel tunnel ???
                  Sure it was'nt caused by that heavy clutch and twisting the slide throttle all the way on your ST165
                  Hope you are better
                  Steve

Comment

Hey, Blu Pacer, where are you? I'm in Arlington, Texas. My e-mail is beemer73@sbcglobal.net

Comment

I can't tell how many people are visiting my Rollie Free Book blog. If you've visited the blog at least once, will you please send me an e-mail: beemer73@sbcglobal.net

Comment

Hi Jerry,

I visited your blogsite and it's good. Thanks for putting in the time and effort.

Vincents are an area I don't know much about and as usual you have done the necessary legwork and research to tell the story well. That you actually met Rollie Free and interviewed him is a great thing for posterity.

By coincidence my own research on Harley's high-cam KL proto model crosses the Vincent path a little bit. Harley may have looked at the Rapide engine for inspiration but more than that it states in the "H-D Data Book" (p. 87) that the KL was dropped due to "patent restrictions" with the Vincent motorcycle company.

That's under MoCo "Minutes" and looks impressive, but that book is full of errors and mistakes and in the same breath he calls the ohv KL engine a "flathead" so you gotta wonder where he got that information. I did an online search for patents covering the Rapide type engine and I can't find any, although it is a high-cam type of motor.

I'm asking the Vincent guys on their forum about this and they should know, but did you ever encounter any Rapide engine patents in your research on the Free/Vincent story?

Again, nice work!

Comment

Working...
                        X