miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miami

this just popped up on the mid america auction site.
    Attached Files

?????

can anyone identify that engine?
    Attached Files

Comment

I see a Schebler carb. ...bill

Comment

Hmmmmm......... Miami.........related to the Merkel, but doesn't look like a Merkel twin. Could it be that this was something developed and never put into production? I think they only were in business for a year or so......... interesting machine.......somebody knows........

Comment

there is a single belt drive in new jersey. I saw it was at oley and wauseon this past summer

still in search of 1914 excelsior single belt drive items

aka HAWG

Comment

I have a running Miami single and enough parts to keep it running another 100 years or so and alot of original literature, but I never heart of a twin. My opinion is that the frame and forks are original, the bars are late model, the rear wheel is not correct. No idea on the motor though. I would love to have the frame and forks if someone wants the motor???

Comment

the motor

i want the motor. it looks like an early european twin to me,with a schebler carb.not sure. the auction company says its an ultra rare miami twin. so it'll probably sell for much more than its worth. or maybe bring good money as a cool period custom. it is pretty cool. i know that motor would look cool in my neracar .

Comment

My single
                Attached Files

Comment

pic #2
                  Attached Files

Comment

What's the relationship between Miami and Raycycle ? Did Raycycle make a twin ?

Comment

Miami Cycle made Racycles (early), Flying Merkels (late), and Miamis (late) as well as a lot of bicycles. I don't know if there was a twin Racycle, I've never seen one. I'll do some research today.....beats working.......

Comment

Auction claims this is a 1908-1910. "Lot#046 Parked since the teens. First time in daylight in over 30 years. Original paint. The owner has never tried to start this rare motorcycle." http://www.midamericaauctions.com/sh...=102&PersonID=
                        ...bill

Comment

Frame and forks are 1914-16, paint on tank looks original, bars look to be late model (Indian?), motor ???, motor never started because it not correct for the bike. I have a 1916 parts book that shows both models of singles, model 15 belt drive and model 16 chain drive two speed which I have not seen any of or even a picture of one. I do have a Miami single motor with a chain sprocket on it though and high serial number.

Comment

Working...
                          X