1922 neracar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1922 neracar

i'm looking for an engine, tranny ,and gas tank for this neracar chassis.any leads??
    Attached Files

1925 Neracar

1925 Neracar
    Attached Files

Comment

went to Wheels Through Time last month. Dale has one. Might check with him.

Comment

Hi Jurassic:
        You might also try Doc Battsleer in FL, who is in the roster. He has one he uses regularly.
        Neracars were built in England as well as the USA. American ones had a 250cc two stroke engine and friction drive, and were very underpowered. In Britain, they gave that up after a short run of machines, and then fitted them with 350 cc Blackburne engines and Burman 4 speed gearboxes. It's one of these that is pictured. There was a sports model with overhead valves, and a few one offs as well. I've seen one with an Austin "7" 4 cyl. engine, as well as a 350 cc oil cooled Bradshaw powered version.
        The hole on the frame on the side identifies yours as a two stroke, and likely an American one, which is logical. It is where the lever for the friction drive control normally lives.
        Neracars, (and parts) are rather rare, and as Neracars don't bring huge money, I would be tempted to be a bit creative with this incomplete rough one, and power it with something period other than the two stroke unless you get very lucky in your search. The chassis is rather amazing, and capable of handling a bit of HP.
        I hope I haven't offended any purists out there with my idea, but better do do something than nothing.
        Pete Gagan

Comment

PS
          I wonder if that space between the frame rails is large enough to accomodate a Henderson Deluxe. The mind boggles....
          Pete Gagan

Comment

neracar

hi pete.you read my mind.i have been picturing everything from an inline four to a JD engine in this thing.the very unusual styling of the bikes always appealed to me.maybe the design can be improved a little.

Comment

nera-four

.?
              Attached Files

Comment

lawson

this is definatly the not the vision i had, but is very impressive. to find an acceptable inline 4 engine would be all i need.
                Attached Files

Comment

Check the styling of the lamp...looks like something pulled from a J&P catalog...this rig is pretty smooth looking...low saddle height

...I didn't notice the date of this image...'48...I thought much earlier

Comment

The thing that impresses me the most is the sheet metal work. I've seen a lot of pictures of one-off cars and motorcycles made in the 1950's and earlier and the sheet metal work is amazing. Bear in mind that these craftsmen didn't have fiberglass and buckets of Bondo to work with either. Sheet metal work and panel beating is fast becoming a lost art.

Comment

nera-four

in between robbing from the poor and deceiving the rich , i was able to get some work done on the nera four.i never really looked at one of these things close and now i know where the name came from.it really is just like a car.in keeping with the whole car theme i decided on the inline four FN motor hooked to a bmw tranny and shaft drive. i only had to stretch the frame 3 1/2 inches to get it all in.the frame gets totally boxed for added support.i am waiting for the wheels to come back from buchanans , then i can finish up the frame.
                      Attached Files

Comment

nera four

Attached Files

Comment

four

Attached Files

Comment

The thing that most amazes me about you Jurassic, is you get things done. Great project and a creative thing to do with orphan parts.

Comment

jerassic

can I take that the fn motor and bmw tranny/shaft drive to be original for your ner-a-car ( now is the time to laugh un-controlably ). WHAT that is not a 1 of ner-a-car ( once again laugh uncontrolably)

from post I have read by a certain person - as long as you post a GREAT BIG SIGN and tell the world that it is not original no one would have to claim you to be a "L" word. ( I did not want to put that nasty word someone else used in a post about anyone in the club )

keep up the great fabrication and be sure to post progess.

aka HAWG

Comment

Working...
                              X