Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody home ?

I guess everyone's at Davenport.

due to lack of monies and travel restraints ( boarder crossing into usa for some reason hectic - average wait time almost 2 hours ) I have to miss davenport again. and thing won't get better - january I'll need a passport

so I guess I will be home all weekend - time well spend on the "X"

aka hawg

Comment

exeric,cannt be there this year but my good friend is calling daily to let me know whats up

Comment

INLINE4NUT, I have some good friends there as well. I hope they get stung by bees, don't find nothin' and all get sunburns. Sour grapes because I can't go either. Actually, I hope they find great stuff for next to nothing and drink up all the beer in the quad city area.

Comment

I'm at home rather than Davenport as well. If I'm lucky I get to one big meet a year. This year it was Oley ... Perry

Comment

Davenport

Hey...fng here...I am going for the 1st time and am new to the whole amca thing so I don't know what to expect. All I really need is a set ot tools for a 35 VL and maybe somew cop accessories for it. I posted a pic in the post practice section.

More importantly, where are the good places to eat/drink and stuff like that. We are staying downtown at the Radisson. Thanks in advance.

Miker

Comment

Back in the '70's when Davenport started. there was a little place across the street from the meet called the Rusty Nail. They had good steaks, and bands, and prices were reasonable. Over the years, they've grown a little bit, but they still have specials going on for this weekend, and bands every night. It's great because it's just a walk across the street.

Comment

I'm home as well. Made the Oley and Wauseon meets though. If any of you who are at Davenport and have internet access to boot, spot a 1934 oem VL outer primary cover, please email me direct at vtwinrebuild@yahoo.com . If reasonable, I'll get the funds to ya. Paps

Comment

Thanks Earl...We are riding out from Chicago on a rented FLHTUC.
                  I'm sure to hungry n thirsty when arriving. Paps, how would I determine oem on the cover? I could put the Mrs. on it... she loves a good hunt.

Miker

Comment

And while you're at the meet, my favorite food vendor is the guy who sets up in front of the grandstands, who sells the ribeye steak sandwich, and the porkchop sandwich.

Mmmm good !!

Comment

You guys aren't alone...I'm home too.

Got the Fall issue the other day and I'm just getting to read through it tonight. Nice Honey on the Knucklehead on the front cover! Looking forward to the continuing Drag Racing's Article.

Don't know about you guys, but I'm going out tomorrow on the bike to a Barbecue....I buddy says he got several beers with my middle name 'Budweiser' on them Mmmmmm Beeerrr

I'm definitely going out to the Jefferson meet in October. Will be the first time there for me. I hear its pretty good. Gonna bring some motorcycle parts home whether I need them or not. Hrdly

Comment

can not really complain about missing davenport, I did make oley ( first time in 17 years) and wauseon ( first time in 18 years),
                        been told davenport is a hot bed for excelsior parts - really need to get some of them parts and unless I win the big POWERBALL lotto tonight ( what 320 millon???) will probably have to miss jefferson as well ( would be first time )

starting to save up extra dimes now to go to oley next spring

aka hawg

Comment

Old and a bit beat up Miker. LOL !! Honestly....I'm not that familiar with the VL parts. My buddy says the 1934 is an unusual cover compared to the other VL's. VL Heaven has repops but my buddy wants oem. Don't worry none about the cover Miker, just have some fun at the meet Bro !! Paps

Comment

The meet this year is bigger than ever, weather has been nearly perfect!

Paps, again, sorry for your loss, I hope all is going well for you and your family. I'll cruise the vendors in the morning and see if I can spot the outer primary for the 34 VL.

The vintage races tonight were AWSOME, the 83 year old guy is still competing in the hand-shift class, he didn't win, but he's still a winner in my book! The board track racers were a hit, as usual, and always my favorite event.

mike

p.s. I have not been stung by any bees, yet........

Comment

Paps, You are always passing on your condolences to others. Has someone passed away that is close to you? Let me offer my sincere condolences. I am a Catholic and something that they say is "may the Lord's perpetual light shine upon them". I hope that you and yours may take comfort in that. Denise

Comment

Working...
                              X