Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new magazine

Hello Buzz,
    When you said you were talking about a very high quality magazine the first thing that came to my mind was the Rodders Journal, and I see several others thought the same. High quality, and very interesting, in depth historical articles have me reading cover to cover. I'd like to also see coverage of early MC clubs, and early aftermarket suppliers, racers- all of it. The men and thier machines. Personally, I also like the older Brit machinery( I have a ridgid Triumph), and certainly you can't cover the years from the late forties on without including material on Brit machines and riders. Even Ed Kretz rode Triumphs, as did a lot of All-Amerian guys. I'm not sure where the cut-ff sould be year-wise. but I think that everthing changed in the sixties, and certainly by the late sixties, both the machines and the whole motorcycle scene started to become a whole different animal. As for myself, born in '50, started riding in the mid sixties. At first I was interested in anything with two wheels (no, actually anything with wheels-loved hot rods too), anyway, rode some Triumphs and then pretty much stuck with Harleys. For me, back then, building-up an old Harley was a lot like building a hot duece roadster. I never got into the Asian stuff, two or four wheels, and still don't care for it today. Seems like my rigid Triumph looks fine parked next to my Panhead, just couldn't see a Honda four sitting there(or riding one). As to whether there is enough interest in the older stuff, if the interest is not there, then how come original parts for the old machines have become so dear? Sometimes when I need a part for my Panhead I can't believe what guys are asking, but the markret drives the prices, and the market sure seems to be there. There seems to be enough interest that they re-pop every part from the frame up! Put an old Harley part on ebay and It's like throwing meat to the piranas! Anyway, thats my two cents worth- the coffees kicking in this morning so I'd better end it here. Oh, one other magazine that was good was Motorcycle Collecter, that Don Emde put out for a couple of years back in the '90s. I think maybe he was a few years too soon, the "old bike boom" hadn't started yet. It strayed into the Asian stuff, which I could do with-out, but then so does the AMCA mag. OK, enough.
    Doug.

Dang, I didn't mean to start a new thread here, meant for this to be a reply, but I guess I hit the wrong button *@#% computer!

Thanks for the input. I am very familiar with Rodder's Journal and other similar mags.

We're still trying to figure it all out and appreciate all input. And I'll be counting on AMCA members for bikes, stories and ideas.

Thanks.

Buzz Kanter

Comment

Working...
    X