new cover sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new cover sheet

looks like we have a new look on the home page ..........looks good.................no indians on it though,hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yup- It's in transition. So please be patient while I work the bugs out and make adjustments.

As always - looking for input and suggestions.

Comment

cover

great job

moose

Comment

new cover sheet

Paul
        CHANGE THAT PICTURE!!!!!!!
        Kevin

Comment

Well, what do want to see? Maybe a little 101 action? Skirted? What? It's direct input time boys.

Comment

Here's input:

The orange lettered "The Antique Motorcycle Club of America, Inc." title against the background of those motorcycle photos on top of the page looks too busy and confuses my weak old eyes.

Maybe it would be better if that title were dropped down slightly and put against a solid colored background with the photos of the bikes just above that title. That way the lettering would show up better and you could see the bikes better too.

I'm talking about the top of this page:

http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/TheMag/themag.html

Comment

i agree ,it is a little confusing .so is trying to figure out why there is a yamahonda zuki next to that nice hd.i think a nice powerplus would be more fitting ,facing in the same direction (dont want everyone to think that an indian rider would pal up with an hd nice job so far though ,i was gettin a little tired of watching that guy build a bike in 2 seconds.........who was he ,he must be good!

Comment

I'm a newer member; I like the link to main articles in the quarterly club pub. The pictures seem to have more pop than in the mag; great article on the Barn Door drag bike and all. I visited the Long Beach Drag Strip in the late 1950's as a high schooler. I can't believe it is all gone. We could hear the Double-A fuel dragsters 15-miles away in Compton, on a night when the air was cool. The rider featured in the article had to have been the bravest driver around. ...bill

Comment

I'm not too sharp on Yamahas but the Honda is a '69 or '70 model, thus eligible for AMCA events. I happen to own a '72 Honda, which looked a lot like the one on the header when it was new.
                  That said, even though I really like the new header, It would be cool to have a scrolling banner of bikes parading by. A sampler of what the AMCA is all about. Not just old Harleys and Indians, but a mix of old bikes. Anything with two wheels and a grinning rider.

Comment

Admin-Guy, I see that your trying to appeal to everyone, which is probably the right approach. I would have probably been a little more selfish with the bike pictures approach. A 101, a certain '40 Scout Bobber......hint...hint....let's see a pic of that beast..... A shot of Bruce Lindsay on his '05 would be cool..... just rambling ideas........ I think overall it looks pretty good. I do miss that little cartoon dude though.........

Comment

Oh, another fleeting thought.......was there ever any video taken of the Long Ride to Milwaukee?

Comment

Working...
                      X