hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi

Just thought I'd say hi I'm Glenn from the new jersey shore area (Toms River). I recently bought a 1050 pan garage fresh stored since 1964 under a tarp in a guys garage. Looking forward to doing a restore as it has been painted once already and not a factory color. Frame was also painted looks like everything is original only missing a few things.
    Attached Files

not a 1050

how about a 1950 the zero and 9 were real close

Glenn aka Moose

Comment

Hey Moose, the bike looks great to me. I think I would slap some tires on it and ride it the way it is. Why go through the torture of restoring? Just my thoughts. What does that horn sound like?

Comment

horn

like a bullhorn. I have the tires but it's been sitting since 64 and not started and seeing as how its not original paint I figured what the hell I need a project anyway.

moose

Comment

hey Moose
          put some tires on it and get it running, then bring it to a meet before you restore it so we can all get a look at an original
          Kevin

Comment

How about some more pictures of that beauty!

Comment

Yup........I'd say it looks cool the way it is.........cool scoop!!!!!!

Comment

other side

other side of 50 pan
                Attached Files

Comment

Glen... I've got to agree with everyone else. Leave it like it is. Get it running and ride the crap out of it. It looks great. Leave it alone.

You must not be married, if your looking for projects.

Comment

Glenn,Its yours to do with asyou see fit...that being said Id get it running and leave it be for awhile it may just grow on you! I think Id love to have as is anyone can have a restored MC youve got a jewel!!!

Comment

There are lots of restored 50 models out there and they are beautiful, but your new machine is unique and very interesting. Bring it to a meet, park it next to a resto and see which one draws more interest and fun conversation. If it were mine I would square away the mechanicals and gather the missing bits as you ride and enjoy.

Comment

put my vote in the "leave it alone" column. Clean it up, get the mechanical stuff so that its reliable and safe, and ride it!!

Here are a couple of my other traveling companions, which one do you think gets all the attention and starts the most conversations?
                        Attached Files

Comment

BTW.......COOL HORN!!!!!

Comment

Pic from our Three Chapter road run last week, eight Pans were there......
                            Attached Files

Comment

One more for the road.........
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X