Is this a motorcycler grease fitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a motorcycler grease fitting?

I've posted several pictures of a mystery grease fitting that was cross-threaded into a 1923 Harley Davidson front wheel. What is it? ...bill
    http://www.97330.com/Mystery_Lube_Fitting.html

That is not a grease fitting. That is an oiler. Those types of oilers were used mainly on early metal cutting machines such as lathes and mills. Last time I saw them they were on an 1898 milling machine. Paps

Comment

So, what's this one? (attached)

Found it crammed into my 334 cam cover!

Thanx in advance,

....Cotten
      Attached Files

Comment

That looks like an old Alemite grease fitting. I have them all over my 1932 Packard. I have two adaptors that fit onto my modern grease gun and then onto the Alemite. They were on my car when I got it and the adaptors are old. I don't know if they make the adaptor today but you might be able to get one at an old car swap.

Howard

Comment

Grease Fitting..

Hi Cotton: That fitting is an Alemite fitting. The grease gun had two slots that wrapped around the two ears and forced grease into the top of the fitting. Not sure of the exact vintage..have seen them on 30s and 40 cars and farm machinery....Rod

Comment

Bill,
            They are common on quite a few of the real early British machines.

Cotton,
            If you want it I'm pretty sure I have the greasegun for that type of nipple hiding away here somewhere. My dad said it was for his fathers early 1920's Buick. I'll go looking if you want.

Tommo

Comment

Gosh, I thought Alemites were little flat-topped 'button' thingys like I found on HDs.

Thanks for the offer, Tommo, but since this is the only one like this I have encountered, I doubt I need a gun for it.

The one Alemite gun I have found in a dumpster sadly fits regular zirques; the neighborhood servicestation has a large Alemite art deco pressure dispenser and a matching oil catcher, but instead of letting me relieve them of the 'scrap', they let them sit outside all winter to fill with water and freeze.

....Cotten

Comment

Grease Fittings

In case anyone is interested....
                Restoration Supply Co. has a large selection of grease fittings,grease cups, and oilers.

restorationstuff.com click on their catalog, pages 10 and 11
                Rod

Comment

Working...
                X