Motorcycles in Retrospect Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycles in Retrospect Magazine

I have the first 4 issue of this magazine from 2002, can anybody tell me what happened to this publication. I cant even trace it on the WEB??

Pretty sure it went under.

Comment

The firm that published it - and several other non-motorcycling magazines went under.

Comment

I remember well when they went out of business.

I had written a long cover story/center spread for them on the history of the Indian 101 Scout. They were delighted with it and were about to pay me a decent fee (which I hadn't expected).

Then my contact there suddenly stopped answering emails. I learned elsewhere they had gone under ... no one there informed me.

And I was never able to get the article published anywhere else.

Comment

RE: Magazine

Thanks for the info, do any of you guys know how many issue were printed before they stopped and went under. As I would like to collect all the remaining issue that I haven't got!!

Comment

Hey Bob! Post it here. I'd like to read it.

Comment

Hi Bob: Just a suggestion, If you have'nt done so
              already,contact the editor of the AMCA magazine. He may be interested in printing it. Rod

Comment

Re: Motorcycles in Retrospect Magazine

Originally posted by robrat
                I have the first 4 issue of this magazine from 2002, can anybody tell me what happened to this publication. I cant even trace it on the WEB??
                You've got the set,there were only four.A shame,it was a class mag.

Comment

AdminGuy -- I guess posting the article on a website would feel too much like giving up on ever getting it into print anywhere.

But I would be glad to send you a copy as a text attachment. Just email me at: bkelley@phillynews.com (if you wind up having to type it manually, note -ey spelling of name), and I will respond back to you promptly with the attachment.

Rod K -- Thanks for the suggestion. As soon as I realized the article had been orphaned, I emailed the editor of the AMCA magazine asking if he wanted me to send it to him for possible publication. He said it didn't sound like the kind of thing he would be interested in using.

Comment

What!!!! Who wouldn't be interested in the history of the 101? They are a very cool bike!!! I've yet to get my hands on one, but it's on my list of things to do! By the way Bob, I've read your stories on the Virtual Indian site. Great Stuff!!!!

Comment

c.o. --

I'm glad you enjoyed the Virtual Indian columns, and thanks a lot for the kind words of praise.

Comment

Thanks Bob. The 101 has Franklins name all over it.

Comment

Working...
                        X