JD Choppa!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JD Choppa!!!

I think someone, maybe Harley-Creation mentioned this bike awhile back.......I found it surfing around and thought I'd post it. It is an original now ain't it????
    Attached Files

If somebody committed that atrocity, then surely somebody somewhere built a pre-JD early motor chopper.

Maybe built it in the rec room of a lunatic asylum or after overdosing on LSD, but surely somewhere one was built.

Unfreakingbelieveable.....

Comment

What would it take to track this down?

Comment

I found it on www.masclassics.com

Look in the completed bikes section.....

Comment

With Bobbers being what they are today this maybe worth more than anyone wud think !!!!! I really dont think it was LSD induced....that stuff wasnt THAT strong!!!!!! Looks more like someone on airplane glue!

Comment

Originally posted by c.o.
            I found it on www.masclassics.com
            Look in the completed bikes section.....
            I've invited Professor George of Mas Classics to comment on the bike. It is listed but not for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by INLINE4NUT
              With Bobbers being what they are today this maybe worth more than anyone wud think !!!!! I really dont think it was LSD induced....that stuff wasnt THAT strong!!!!!! Looks more like someone on airplane glue!
              Yes, and airplane glue is probably holding half of it together!

But there are a lot of good parts on that thing.

Has the frame been chopped at all?

PS: I looked at that bike several times but only now noticed the headlight.

Nice!

Comment

I think this was the act of a desperate man. After 'Easyrider' came out, everyone wanted to emulate Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper's freewheeling hippster life style. They weren't badasses like the club riders, but rode on the coat tails of many mythological American folk heros. The prerequisite to this lifestyle was an American V-twin. Apparently a lot of people had access to old Harleys, big hammers, cutting torches, and a 'Jammer's' parts catalog. Of coarse Knuckleheads, Panheads, and Shovelheads were the bike of choice with flatheads and Indians as a second choice, but chopping a J falls way short of being cool. Having said that, you have to acknowledge the amount of work that went into this bike. Most of it looks to be post '25 and uses the original wheels. The fork is really quite smooth and well done with no visible frankenstien welds, and try bending genuine J model handlebars into that shape ! The thing that really caught my eye are the cylinders which are pre '20, 61". I need a set of those. It would be great to hear the history of this bike because I'll bet there is a real interesting story there.

Comment

I beleive thats George Hoods handy work - or if not he did one just like it. Think he did it just for fun, he is super skilled and one of the best guys I have ment in the hobbie. That even looks like his back yard, it kind of looks like everything antique just blew up at his place. But he knows where everything is and he has helped alot of people, and done many rare machines and cars. I ve never sceen anybody like him - he can do it all, metal work,engine work,paint, fabrication. He is also real good with answering questions, when ever I get stuck. Which I surely appreciate - JD's are his favorites :-)

Comment

I don't no what all the hoopla is about. That is a beautiful bike! The only shame is that it's not on the road right now!

Comment

Working...
                    X