No announcement yet.

Roth 401K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread went from bad to worse. Come on guys, what ever happened to the good old days when we complained about the judging system or wished our magazine would show up.
    Its friday, the day before the day we can ride, SMILE
    johnny

Comment

Take a pill Marty!!! The title of the forum is "Parking Lot Chatter" say hello, general discussion, etc. Maybe you have never had the pleasure to attend one of the wonderful AMCA meets across the country ( and Europe) but I and many of those on this post have and you can bet the bug in your butt that the chatter in the parking lot is not all motors, trannys, and which bolt shoud be cad rather than parkerized. We discuss a wide range of topics and I will be willing to bet that all the world's problems will be solved at the Oley meet this year!!!!! But back to the topic at hand. An individual can make contributions to a Roth account. I am self employed and that is how I am funding my retirement.

Comment

Roth 401K

Yes, you can contribute to a 401K or an IRA as an individual; but there is some fine print in the law.
        You, must have INCOME shown on your Income Tax Forms, ie,1040. If you are retired, selfemployed and hiding all income, and not showing any income on your 1040, you Cannot contribute to an IRA.
        I put that hiding income in there to explain, if you do cash sales at fleamarkets or whatever; and show NO Income from a Normal Job, the IRS won't let you contribute to an IRA.
        Plus that shown income also sets limits on how much you can contribute.
        It is all tied to how you file your taxes for the year. Retired pay, interest, dividends, compensation, do not count as income.
        PLEASE consult your tax preparer for the exact law.

Comment

Just got my Summer Issue of the magazine. Lots of bargains for sale. johnny

Comment

Martin, I would like to apologize. It was a pretty normal conversation until you spoke your mind. I was just having fun... I didn't mean to offend you, but if you don't like the thread, don't read it.

Now, I would kindly suggest that you not take things so seriously, and do not threaten me. If you have a problem, contact me... I am not "hiding behind my name" as you suggest. Most folks on this site have a user name, as you do. I don't see your full name listed...

My phone number is in the roster if you would like to discuss it further.

Jim Hoffman

Comment

This was posted on the harley hummer forum. It's a little off topic but what a "barn find"

----- ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS -----
              OK, so imagine you live in Portugal and you're moving house. You find a lovely farm house set in a decent plot of land. The place has been empty for 15 years...

While exploring your new property you find a large barn. The door is padlocked and welded shut and it's all rusted solid. So you grind the padlock and the welds off and.........

http://www.intuh.net/barnfinds/afa70.htm

copy and paste the above link

Comment

Wow! I wish my luck was that good. That property must have been owned by one of Jay Leno's family.

Comment

stolen is my feeling - how would you retitle?
                  this is a new thread.

Comment

Working...
                  X