No announcement yet.

Bobber - OHV 45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I owned the piston splitter knuckle, I surely wouldn't change it... I don't know the whole history on it.

The same owner has a '39 knuckle that he did buy in a pile that he is restoring right now. Not sure where he bought it, but he is going the bobber route... pretty easy to change back to stock except for the holes in the top of the rear fender for the light.

Here is a picture of his '46 bobber.
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: piston splitters

Originally posted by jurassic
      i saw this piston splitters knuck at oley a few years ago in a pile,the bike was built around an old plaque the guy found on ebay ,the paint on the tanks is new.she is a very crafty forgery,but i wouldn't change it either.
      i bout fell off my chair laughing so hard when i read this post... jurassic is the largest reproducer of fake, forgery bikes in the US, if not the world. building racers, calling them real! Sheesh, what about that merkel single at oley a few years back with the obviously poorly done amerture patina job. the excelsior ohv racer at davenport that you were asking 120k for and representing as real until folks started to figure it out and you ended up selling for 25k i heard. what about all of those harley and indian racers? what about the indian big base motors you made? what about the eight valve racer that was a total fred lange special? what about those four fake strap tank things you and silentgreyfellow made? What about the henderson project that you were tied in w/ the smiths with? it goes on forever.

Comment

Man oh Man.......your are a **** disturber aren't you??

Comment

sheesh

thank you, thank you ,no applause please.

Comment

i just wonder how i am "passing off" all these bikes as real if i am such a "world renowned" forger.nobody buys a picasso at walmart and thinks its real.

Comment

Originally posted by silentgreyfello

The same owner has a '39 knuckle that he did buy in a pile that he is restoring right now. Not sure where he bought it, but he is going the bobber route... pretty easy to change back to stock except for the holes in the top of the rear fender for the light.

Here is a picture of his '46 bobber.
              I like that paint a lot and would do a similar job in dark chocolate brown (upper) and mustard (lower) on my hypothetical stock 39EL.

IMHO this '46 bobber would look even better with a 4:00x18 wheel and tire up front instead of that fat "comfort-producing" (but ill-handling) 16" donut.

Comment

Super glossy - perfect condition. I don't feel that they are hiding anything. They are building some great bikes. As are lots of people. Many people want these bikes. They are doing it on a much larger scale. Which makes perfect sense.

I'm thankful as I understand during the process they have replicated many parts that original owners need to complete bikes. In which case I don't have a problem with a bit of artful aging to complete a primarily original machine. That otherwise would sit perpetually uncompleted - never to be seen.

Comment

Working...
                X