No announcement yet.

Bobber - OHV 45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pan is nice........but I'm in agreement that the Knuckle is super cool I'm with Herb on not touching the finish....it would be a shame to erase it's history.........

Comment

Originally posted by Erdos
      are you talking about the footboard extentions.
      yeah i guess so , its just that they look different ,also no buddy seat there , poor gal must have had to ride on one of those "fold up"pillions (a towel)

Comment

The Pan is nice but the Knuckle is my kind of bike, surely no one would restore that bike!

Comment

Great collection of photos, thanks for posting them. I wouldn’t change a thing on that club knuck, just gas her up and go out and terrify a few small towns.

Johnny’s (Brando) club name was the “Black Rebels Motorcycle Club (BRMC)” and the club logo was a skull above crossed pistons just like on the knuckle. And speaking of club names, Johnny’s rival, Chico (Lee Marvin), was the leader of a club named “The Beetles” a name that reappeared a few years later in a different guise. IMO the Chico character was spot on and Marvin’s performance was the shining star of the flic.

When you look at the movie today it all seems stilted with the dialogue and “pop music” being about 10 years out of date for 53. However it had a strong impact on us kids at the time and straight society (the “Dagwoods”) decried its, to them, anti-social message and even branded it communistic. The Brits went so far as to ban screenings of it till the late 60’s.

Comment

Here is a pic of the motor of the 45.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by c.o.
              The Pan is nice........but I'm in agreement that the Knuckle is super cool I'm with Herb on not touching the finish....it would be a shame to erase it's history.........
              Yeah, I'd be tempted because the '39 paint scheme is so nice, but wouldn't do it because this bike is such a unique interesting freak with "club" paint but otherwise mostly stock.

Comment

Originally posted by cheifrider

yeah i guess so , its just that they look different ,also no buddy seat there , poor gal must have had to ride on one of those "fold up"pillions (a towel)
                Footboard extensions were also helpful when you had to stand up on your bike when going over RR tracks, potholes, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by King T
                  Great collection of photos, thanks for posting them. I wouldn’t change a thing on that club knuck, just gas her up and go out and terrify a few small town

Johnny’s (Brando) club name was the “Black Rebels Motorcycle Club (BRMC)” and the club logo was a skull above crossed pistons just like on the knuckle. And speaking of club names, Johnny’s rival, Chico (Lee Marvin), was the leader of a club named “The Beetles” a name that reappeared a few years later in a different guise. IMO the Chico character was spot on and Marvin’s performance was the shining star of the flic.

When you look at the movie today it all seems stilted with the dialogue and “pop music” being about 10 years out of date for 53. However it had a strong impact on us kids at the time and straight society (the “Dagwoods”) decried its, to them, anti-social message and even branded it communistic. The Brits went so far as to ban screenings of it till the late 60’s.
                  Yeah, Black Rebels, that was it.

Thanks!

I was too young for "The Wild One" but cut my wannabe "biker" milk-teeth on "The Wild Angels."

As a movie and a story, I think "The Wild One" holds up pretty well even today. I wouldn't mind watching it again right now.

I used to think it was an idiotic Hollywood blunder putting Brando on a Triumph (Thunderbird?) and not on a Harley, but now I'm not so sure. I just polished up an interview/story with an early 1950s Triumph dealer and my perception of that era has changed greatly.

In the early 1950s the "WILDEST" (and coolest) one probably would have been riding a shiny new hot rod performance-oriented Triumph and the dirty bum type losers riding old junk bringing up the rear would have probably been on Indians and Harleys!

Gasp!

Did I actually say that?

Comment

Originally posted by silentgreyfello
                    Here is a pic of the motor of the 45.
                    Somehow he had to mate the Excelsior/Super X heads/cylinders to the 45 base.

I wonder what mods were made to do that?

Comment

any chance for me to see and hear the 45 OHV run? Maybe get some video and photos? I like it alot. Really neat.

Someone out east posted a photo of an Indian prince or scout with an OHV convo. I'm curious what was used in that convo.

Barry and or Rocky are looking to recast the Koslo heads?

Comment

I think I've mentioned this already, but I was lucky enough to see Barry's Koslow run......what a cool machine.... It looks mean just sitting quiet.......but when fired up you know it's got the heart of a monster!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AdminGuy
                          any chance for me to see and hear the 45 OHV run? Maybe get some video and photos? I like it alot. Really neat.
                          He is going to bring it to Oley to ride around on. If you are going there, bring the camera! He probably would let you ride it as well.

Comment

piston splitters

i saw this piston splitters knuck at oley a few years ago in a pile,the bike was built around an old plaque the guy found on ebay ,the paint on the tanks is new.she is a very crafty forgery,but i wouldn't change it either.

Comment

Ah, man the illusion is smashed.......some guys do a pretty good job of makin' that paint look old......... It is still pretty cool lookin' though.........

Comment

Re: piston splitters

Originally posted by jurassic
                                i saw this piston splitters knuck at oley a few years ago in a pile,the bike was built around an old plaque the guy found on ebay ,the paint on the tanks is new.she is a very crafty forgery,but i wouldn't change it either.
                                Gee, what a let-down. Can't trust anything anymore! In that case I'd keep the plaque and probably restore the bike to '39 paint scheme, altho maybe in my own special colors.

Comment

Working...
                                X