Liberty Summer ’07 Shut-Down announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberty Summer ’07 Shut-Down announcement

Liberty Motorcycle Specialties, Inc. shall curtail to minimum operation as of March 24, 2007 to accommodate extensive building maintenance due to storm damage, re-organize, and re-tool.

This coincides with Liberty’s corporate board decision that our Founder shall be strongly encouraged to opt for early semi-retirement, with future duties focused upon orientation of successors.

Candidates please apply.

Liberty Motorcycle Specialties, Inc.
    118 N. Washington St.
    Lacon, IL 61540 USA
    liberty@npoint.net

Business profile at
    http://virtualindian.org/5deallib.htm

hey cotton

I was just gonna send you a great guy who wants to buy lots of your floats as well!!!

What should i tell him!?!

You need any help with stuff?

how are we gonna get floats!?!

Comment

Dave!

Thankfully, the Post Office across the street was not damaged in the record snowstorm!
      I am cutting floats as fast as I can, but some Schebler varieties will run out after the roof is removed.

Our other services will be reduced to a minimum, however.
      (And I myself shall be out of touch the week of March 26 for jury duty.)

....Cotten

Comment

the guy who will be contacting you is Nelson, he is one of my best friends and the first guy i knew personally running your float!

he also used to live in hawaii and knows Todd real well!

hope all goes well with your roofing!

and i know that nelson will want to move lots of floats...

he is the one guy who sells my stuff overseas...

take care!

will you be at davenport this year???

d

Comment

Dave!

Warn Nelson that dealer discounts have been curtailed for two reasons:
          Greedy abuse on eBay,
          and I no longer wish to work overtime for a cut in pay!

Thanks again,

...Cotten

Comment

Liberty Motorcycle Specialties Grand Re-Opening

On March 24, 2008, one year to the day after shutting down for storm repairs, Liberty's doors shall re-open to offer specialized carburetor and manifold service at large.

Thanks to all of my patrons for their patience, and to the AMCA for providing this valuable forum.

....Cotten
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Thats great news Tom.
              Glad you didn't need to close it down.
              -Steve
              ------------
              Steve
              AMCA #7300

Comment

Tom
                I wrote you about floats I need but never got a response. I still need them too!
                Robbie
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Hey Cotton,

Just heard of your semiretirement. Good for you! But bad for me! I was hoping to bend your arm and ask if you would make brass floats for the best harley Carb ever - the DC Linkert (for my '64 CH). If not, can you refer me to someone as knowledgable as you who might perform this task?

Thanks... Now and sit back and smell the clutches burn!

Bill Pedalino
                  Bill Pedalino
                  Huntington, New York
                  AMCA 6755

Comment

Bill!

My semi-retirement has been de-railed for lack of a successor.... But meanwhile:

Brass floats are evil (except where they are original design).
                    I carve many varieties of replacement floats to order from an ultralight, solvent-proof foam.

The wonderful DC Linkerts had their floats made of the same foam as the "armstrong" variety used in the later bronze models, which swell oversize in modern fuels, sometimes even to the point of splitting.
                    Fortunately, DC's have more abundant room within the bowl!

I have examples stashed back for reference, and my major hurdle would be to design an attachment to the float lever, as the originals are cast within the material.
                    Either the original lever would have to be salvaged and drilled for a fastener, or an entirely new lever would have to be devised at great expense.

My best suggestion at this time is to stock up on originals while they are still cheap, and avoid high-detergent fuels. Ethanol itself is not a problem, but blends are commonly the worst for digestive additives: Shell Premium is next to alien spit on original floats, as well as rubber hoses, sealers, paint, and even powdercoating.

I appreciate your interest,

....Cotten
                    AMCA #776
                    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
                    X