Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where was the AMCA at the Barber Motorsports Motorcycle Festival ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where was the AMCA at the Barber Motorsports Motorcycle Festival ?

I could not find anything concerning the club at the event. I was there for 3 days and made a point to look for the club signage or even a space in the swap meet. This is a huge vintage motorcycle event, shouldn't we be there? Are we still trying to recruit new members? Maybe I just missed it.

I went and had a great time watching the racing, vendors, swap meet and the museum was over the top. Got to meet Kenny Roberts who was the Grand Marshall. The Wall of Death is just a classic thing to see!

Just wondering if you went and any thoughts on this.
    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

i myself have no clue. i will say though, having never been to Barber and hoping to do so some day, that finding an organization set up there that i belong to would be a most welcoming thing to find!i imagine there must be a back story to this as i cant fathom this is a new issue. but thanks for brining it up.

Comment

I saw all the big motorcycle manufacturers were there with their demo rides. BMW, Triumph, Royal Infield, Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda. Indian, some China clones even. 500 swap meet spaces sold out. Mecum auctions had a space showing a few bikes coming up for Vegas, and their signs all over the area. Turn out was amazing!

Not one space even in the swap meet area for AMCA, spaces were pretty cheap there compared to the fan festival vendor area. What is going on?

Comment

It would have been an opportunity to attract younger members, indeed, Knuck!

So, which Chapter claims the region?

....Cotten
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Smokey Mountain maybe. Any AMCA board members hang out here and can shed some light on this mystery at Barber?

Comment

I also spent all of Friday and Saturday there and didn’t see anything from the AMCA set up. Maybe I just missed seeing it?
            Jim D

Comment

Working...
            X