No announcement yet.

What is this bike? Asking for a friend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this bike? Asking for a friend.

IMG_5058.jpeg

I'm going to say 1920 based on the gear cover boss, un-valanced front fender, horn under headlight, and tall spring fork tubes. Can't see the number of fins on the cylinder which would tell if it's a 74" and that would put the date at '21 at the earliest, but I would say it's a "61. B&W pictures are difficult to interpret for color, but the bike looks dark, and not the Olive color hue that I would think would look lighter and is correct for 1920. The car in the background looks to be late teens or early '20s so the bike may not be much later than early '20s. The bike has some options, so it was obviously loved, and cared for. Nice picture, surfdude and thanks for posting it. I enjoy squinting, and speculating about pictures like this. I also had a 1920F.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

A picture of my '20F, and a pic of a nicer un-monkey'd with '20.

20j a.jpg

20j-1.jpg

Notice the longer spring fork on the first pic which is correct for a '20. Also, the rear fender should have been continuous and not an early detachable tail like my '20 had (better fender, however). Wish I had kept it, but p.w'd and compelled to sell it
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

thanks very much!

Comment

Working...
        X