Jeff McGeary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff McGeary

Does anyone have any information on Jeff McGeary - last update on the website was in '02 noting that he had moved to Sheridan, MT?

Thanks,
    Lonnie

Funny you should mention that Lonnie....I've been mulling it over in my head lately as well......Let 's hope someone has some info...

Comment

I just tried to send him an e-mail via his web-site and it was returned due to a disabled address....

I'm going to try and do a little more enquiring tomorrow....

Comment

The last I heard (4 years ago) he didn't have access to email, only snail mail there in Sheridan, Montana.
        From everything I read initially, his injuries were pretty debilitating.
        I admire his dedication to antique bikes and his philosophy on restorations - he would interview the person wanting his motorcycle restored and if he determined that it would go into some museum or that it would be some show piece, he would not restore it. And from what I could tell, he did beautiful work.
        Anybody who would ride a Harley JD from Seattle to Sturgis for all those years would have to be a dedicated antique rider.
        For those who don't know of him, there was a PBS series called "Going Places" and a program on "Going to Sturgis" highlighted him and other friends, most on 40's Indians (one '39 I think) on their trip, either from Minneapolis or Seattle, on their road trip to Sturgis. If you can find the tape, take a look.
        Lonnie

Comment

We have a meeting on Sat - I'll ask the masses. We have an old member that has come back to seattle from MT. If he's around- I'll ask him if he knows Jeff.

Comment

Right on Paul! I've often wondered about how he is doing.....

Yeah, Lonnie the "Going Places" show was a good one. I could have just watched the Seattle ride, but I guess the Minneapolis crew provided some contrast. Everybody's got their style of riding, but I think the Antique freaks have the most fun!!

Comment

Damn right we do. George Strait concert should be good also. Maybe I'll drop into that motocafe in Everett. Not quite sure what for. McCabes Fri night. Gotta brush up on the dancing manouvers. People dance a little different from place to place.

Club meeting should be good. You like 34 Fords? Chopped, dropped, frenched and some stock in the house. IND4, Cleveland4. I love the place. Can't wait to see some 20's bi-planes. Should be a fine meeting.

OH YA!!!! Joke of the month! My lady friend says every good antique biker should carry a good paper back novel in the tool bag. Keeps your passenger entertained on the road side when fixing something. So another item for the saddle bag....a flask is another good addition when options are zeroed out and you have to take the hard road.

uhhhhh... ie. my distributor bearings are worn and it will not function properly because of slop. Please grease everything now people. Please Incl. the trailer bearings.

Comment

He's still bitterly living in Montana. Nuff said.

Comment

Thanks Paul.........

Comment

Anyone who is interested may give ol' Indian Jeff a call in Sheridan at 406 842 5689. I am sure he would love to hear from any of his old friends. The PBS documentary was aired on February 17, 1997. It was called Traveling Trails- On the road to Sturgis w/ Al Roker. I'm the guitar picker in it! Indian Jeff and I made the trip to Sturgis on our Chiefs more than once, although I am the first rider to accompany Jeff on an Indian to the Rally, many more followed. As far as the JD trip, that was a one time thing. It was featured in Easyrider Magazine under the title "20 year dream". I have the issue somewhere, but can't lay my hands on it at the moment. The Bogwon is alive and well and living in New York! I'm at 315 823 0012 if anyone wants to jaw!
                    Bogwon

Comment

Nice to hear more on Jeff, bogwon.........

If anyone is interested the JD story is on http://www.onionwerks.com/AMCAevergreen.htm

It's a truly inspiring story........get out and ride those old bikes!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X