X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunshine Chapter Event - Eustis, Florida March 2-4

Good Afternoon,

Does anybody have a schedule of events for the
    AMCA event coming up in Eustis, Florida in March?

Like what happens, on what day, for folks who
    have never been there before? Hotels to stay
    in, etc?

All it says on the webpage is -

March 02 - 04
    Sunshine Chapter
    Eustis, Florida

Thanks!

Well, since no one has yet replied, I can give you some generalities.
    1. When they say vendors not admitted until 6 PM on Thursday, they speak the truth!
    2. Swap meet officially starts early, early Friday morning and runs until most of the vendors pack up Saturday afternoon and evening.
    3. They have a super nice Saturday AM "road run" - usually for several hours - always fun - antiques only of course.
    4. Judging Sunday mornings - lots of knowledgable folks.
    5. No on-site camping. Hotels are available in Mt. Dora, Tavares and surrounding areas - don't dilly-dally, they get booked quick, if not already.
    It's really one of my favorite meets.

Lonnie

Comment

Thanks Lonnie -

and contacting the chapter is always a good start. ---

There is an RV park across from the meet. If you contact the chapter they could put in touch with the RV park. It books fast also.

Some of the dirt cheap hotels in Eustis are very, ahhhh..... rustic. So don't expect much. You want nice go for the 40 min drive. I really like downtown old Eustis. The waterfront etc. Some things have not changed much from the late 40s-50s. To understand the geography is to understand the area. As to how it developed and its culture and people.

Y'all gotta get yur sweet-patata pancakes in the morning. Look for the funky smaller independent places.

Comment

I like breakfast at the Mason Jar just down the road a piece.
        lonnnie

Comment

One good tip is to contact the local chamber of commerce for a hotel. I did so about 10 years ago and found a nice small family owned hotel that is close and nice (and always booked by now).
          Good luck.

Comment

Just to revive this a little, I'm still hoping someone from the Sunshine chapter can provide some details on the Road Run.
            When should we be there? Preregister, or just show up?
            I'm prepared to add the antique to the trailer for the trip from Iowa, but hate to miss the whole thing. Steve

Comment

For the first time in awhile, I was unable to attend Eustis. How was it?
              Lonnie

Comment

Working...
              X