AMAC European Chapter Nat'l Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMAC European Chapter Nat'l Meet

Hello everyone. I am looking if anyone has been to this upcoming Meet in Raalte,Netherlands in May? If so let me know since have lots of questions about accommodations, transport from hotel to Meet,etc etc etc!
    Thank you very much if anyone is able to help with my inquiries!

Dear Flatty, I've been to every one of our Raalte Meets and they are something special. Check out the write-ups in the AMCA Magazine over the last couple of seasons. They are held at the American Motorcycle Museum, with a few hundred bikes, a workshop and a shop worth a visit in its own right. The museum stands on a large paved area with a hotel one side and a restaurant the other, and we meet on the hard standing, Last year our President said the Meet was like a US one 25 years ago, which he meant as a compliment. Our theme was military bikes, and the youngest bike in for judging was a 47 knuck. Our European members join because they like American bikes, so the thirty-odd trade stands carry essentially only American parts, say 85% Harley and 15% Indian. Don't visit to find Japanese, BMW or BSA parts. The on-site hotel was booked out six months ago, but you could get lucky, and De Zwaan a mile away is probably full too, but there are other hotels and camping facilities available. This year the Meet is 10/11 May, Fri/Sat, with Thursday afternoon for set-up and we leave after Sunday breakfast. There is no entry charge. This year our theme is Overhead Valves, which I understand to be some passing phase the kids are interested in, but you will see plenty of flatheads and pocket valve machines. The last five years we have seen US and Canadian visitors and they have always been impressed. Make it part of that European trip you've always wanted to take, and we hope to see you there.

Comment

Greetings & Salutations Steve:
      Thank you for your reply! I'm just curious as to transportation to Meeting if one doesn't have a rental vehicle. Is there enough taxis/transport available to get to the site? There are accommodations for spouse & I but average distance is 15-30 clicks away. So that's my main concern, if there's sufficient public/private transport available. We're both looking forward to being there by "hook or crook"!
      Again thank you for your time & effort!
      All the best,
      Iko

Comment

Dear Iko, rental car would be the way I would go, but there is decent public transport in the Netherlands and most of the taxi drivers will understand English.

Comment

Is there a place for a tent on the museum grounds?
          I haven't started my HD yet, but maybe I would come on a different motorcycle.

Comment

Dear Jarek, we have a good number of Polish members come to the Meet and they are often on a budget. Contact our Polish ambassador to see who else is coming on indian56@wp.pl.

Comment

It's not about the budget. I'm a motorcyclist and I don't care about comfort. You wrote that all seats were taken.

Comment

Working...
              X