Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1940's A.M.A. NJ District Number Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1940's A.M.A. NJ District Number Change?

Here's a little mystery for everyone.

This 1949 program shows it to be AMA District 5, New Jersey. If you click onto the second photo and read the first 2 pages, you will notice its heading clearly reads "Sponsoring Clubs of A.M.A. District 5 New Jersey" and lists virtually all NJ Clubs and continues onto page 2 with referance to NJ District 5 and where the events were being held in NJ. Also nowhere in this 1949 Program does it refer to a District 2 for NJ event even tho this Gypsy Tour & Race Meet is being held at the Dover Speedway in Dover, NJ

Now if you go on the currrent AMA website and search for their Districts by their number, you will see that District 5 is assigned to PA and District 2 is assigned to NJ.

So it begs the questions, when did the AMA reassigned District 5 to PA and assigned District 2 to NJ or was this a shared District between NJ and PA in 1949?

I've been searching thru some AMA history and I haven't come up with how or when their Districting numbering began or changed yet. So if anybody knows or can direct me to any info that shows this I would like to add the info to my Facebook page; New Jersey Vintage Motorcycle Days @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/939458250030961/
    Last edited by Motorman55; 01-21-2024, 05:53 PM.
Working...
X