AMCA field games obituary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMCA field games obituary

Due to the AMCA corporate managements infinite wisdom National and local chapter events can no longer have field games due to insurance liability. I hope they don't turn over another rock and find something to order another proclamation to protect us from ourselves. As one younger member stated, " The National wants to shake the image of the AMCA being a bunch of old stuffy dudes clutching their pearls this would not be the way". So put your old wood planks, bicycle tires, tennis balls, clothes pins, straws and bottles, unused hot dogs, and orange cones out at your next garage sale. donate them to the Goodwill, or list them on Ebay as AMCA artifacts. Next up National or local road runs will have AMCA technical inspectors looking for out of date tires,oil retention devices, and AMCA mandated safety devices to protect to protect you and those around you. AMCA medical staff will have a "Blue Tent" to evaluate senior riders to make sure their "use by date code" hasn't expired. And you younger members riding those modified "choppers" better lookout for AMCA equipment non compliance. Sorry for the rant but I should have seen this coming in my crystal ball. "Happy motoring", Rich AMCA #47
    DrSprocket

Thanks Rich. I find less and less to be enthused about with the club these days!
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I thought they were trying to attract more people, not push people away with Nanny rules? Stuff like this got people to leave the Rhinebeck site, the "Security" at the fair grounds had zero sense of humor and would hassle you for almost everything if you dared ride your motorcycle through the grounds. They wanted them to stay parked, unwritten but what they made you feel like. Too fast, too loud, too much fun etc.

Comment

That's discouraging to hear Rich! Where did you hear about this?

Comment

Email to Chapter President's Gene. I had to have my Devil's advocate spin on it of course. My tongue was firmly planted in cheek. I left out a lot I could have said but less is more sometime's. Look at the Blackhawk Motorcycle Club. Just sayin".
          DrSprocket

Comment

I think riding your antique MC to a meet is probably more dangerous than participating in field games,but not the nationals liability.
            Im in NJ and am surprised they can even get insurance to have a meet.
            Tom

Comment

Insurance companies seem to rule the world nowadays.
              Pete Cole AMCA #14441
              1947 Indian Chief

Comment

Big Deal, make all field game participants sign a waiver of...not responsible. Its done in Racing, why not for the field games? Volunteer paramedics could donate, what~ an hour & 1/2 to oversee any dilemma.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

We in Australia haven't been able to do field games for about 10 year's, the next thing we be you won't be able to ride old motorcycles, waiver don't mean anything in a court of law , the insurance companies are a pack of dogs

Comment

Originally posted by hairynob24 View Post
                    the insurance companies are a pack of dogs
                    Come on now, what is wrong with paying premiums for 20 years then getting dropped after one claim. They don't own the largest buildings in every large city for no reason.
                    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Just curious, does anyone know if there has ever been an insurance claim filed as a result of field games in 70 years?
                      Jason Zerbini
                      Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
                      Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

At National road runs we have to provide proof of insurance and sign a waiver. So the AMCA must think they serve some useful purpose. Wait till the insurance company says NO motorcycles can be started at a meet and all gas has to be drained and the gas caps sealed. Spectators and fellow members won't be able to hear history run. Meets will be huge open air museums with static displays. Youth will be rushing to join and sign on the dotted line to help preserve our two wheeled history. I'm glad I joined a little over forty years ago and I'm almost at the end of my tether.
                        DrSprocket

Comment

Slow races are the new motordrome.

Murderdrome1.jpg

.....Cotten
                          Last edited by T. Cotten; 01-18-2024, 01:32 PM.
                          AMCA #776
                          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by RichO View Post
                            At National road runs we have to provide proof of insurance and sign a waiver. So the AMCA must think they serve some useful purpose. Wait till the insurance company says NO motorcycles can be started at a meet and all gas has to be drained and the gas caps sealed. Spectators and fellow members won't be able to hear history run. Meets will be huge open air museums with static displays. Youth will be rushing to join and sign on the dotted line to help preserve our two wheeled history. I'm glad I joined a little over forty years ago and I'm almost at the end of my tether.
                            I agree with Rich O. As usual, all this will slide under the bridge, and it will probably escalate because of non commitment to overturn insurance company policies. I hooked~up with the club over 50 years ago, and i sure do miss them ole' days. Oh well, let the new blood pave the way~~hahaha.

*Ps ~ Consider this. The largest profitable companies on the globe--->Insurance~Food & Health. Watch them all work together.

*M.A.D.*
                            Last edited by JoJo357; 01-18-2024, 04:22 AM.

Comment

While I agree it is the insurance companies calling the shots it is the lawyers that are the real problem. Trust me liability waivers fix nothing, it is my lawyer against yours. Been there too many times.
                              Nanny staters sucking all the fun out of life. Leave me and mine the heck alone and mind you own damn business.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
                              AMCA #12766

Comment

Working...
                              X