Cannonball 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannonball 2023

Haven't seen many posts about this years Cannonball. Used to enjoy the updates during the run and following Dana, d_lasher, posts about prepping her ride.

Anybody have any current insider news, other than what's on the site.

Going to try to make the stop in Palm Desert today, so if my timing is right I'll post some pics.

Facebook:Motorcycle Cannonball, Doc's Motorcycle Cannonball Journey,Mike Mooso,etc

Comment

Most of the Cannonball posts on Facebook are either "friends only" or "members only" until this morning. Jason has apparently hired a new photographer-I complained about the lake of coverage yesterday, no reply from Jason but I see that the photos are now "public" & can be shared. Their website is also working but a PITA to follow.
      Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

They posted daily updates on Instagram, pictures by Marjorie. Then the Staff Photographer Olivier has also been posting photos almost daily on IG. The website had a recap written by Marjorie and scores everyday. That is how I followed along.

Comment

I got to visit with Doc earlier this year and see the bikes he was prepping for the run. Quit the fleet he was servicing and building at that moment. It was a great memorable day...

Comment

I posted daily pix & updates on my instagram & facebook pages.
            Unfortunately, I killed my 25JD lower end (lots of bronze dust in the oil, then the pinion shaft came loose from the flywheel) & then installed my 28JDL spare & decided to kill it as well (only had 80-100 miles on an unknown builder motor, didn't have enough flywheel end play & locked up when hot) , so I finished up on a 71 triumph that Connor won in a raffle & had delivered to Virginia Beach.
            I had also bought a 30VL at Davenport on the way to VB & we got it running, but it wasn't Cannonball prepped so I decided to stick with the triumph.

Comment

Working...
            X