Merry Christmas!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS One and all, if you dont celebrate, then Happy what ever ! And here is hoping we all have PEACE and JOY in the coming YEAR! GOD BLESS US ONE AND ALL !!!!

Ponder this..........

Did God create everything that exists? Does evil exist? Did God create evil?

A University professor at a well known institution of higher learning challenged his students with this question. "Did God create everything that exists?" A student bravely replied, "Yes he did!"

"God created everything?" The professor asked.

"Yes sir, he certainly did," the student replied.

The professor answered, "If God created everything; then God created evil. And, since evil exists, and according to the principal that our works define who we are, then we can assume God is evil."

The student became quiet and did not answer the professor's hypothetical definition. The professor, quite pleased with himself, boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, "May I ask you a question, professor?"

"Of course", replied the professor.

The student stood up and asked, "Professor, does cold exist?"

"What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?" The other students snickered at the young man's question.

The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-460 F) is the total absence of heat; and all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat."

The s student continued, "Professor, does darkness exist?"

The professor responded, "Of course it does."

The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact, we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally the young man asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?"

Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course, as I have already said. We see it everyday. It is in the daily examples of man's inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence every where in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil.

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist, sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat, or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

The professor sat down.

The young man's name -- Albert Einstein

Comment

And, may each and everyone of you have a safe and Blessed Christmas.

Jack

Comment

AMEN !!!!! Paps

Comment

There ain't no cold, darkness or evil in this house.
          Merry Christmas Inline, Jack & Paps......

Comment

Jack, on this of all days thankyou for the enlightment !!

Comment

Merry Christmas

Jack, thank you, very well put, I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

Comment

My pleasure..........

In this time and air of 'political correctness', I am way out of step. I'm one of those right-wing conservatives that you hear about. I'm not very outspoken, most of the time. But, I believe in moral values, that come only from having God in one's heart. The story above seemed appropriate for the season, though it's not festive. Just a reminder of misplaced values, and the purging of God/Christ from our lives, that didn't just happen in our time. They've been coming on for quite a while. I have been fortunate to live out in the country, on what is leftover of my Grandfather's farm. Away from the fast pace of modern life. I still do things slow, and ponder what I've done. And, give God thanks for my many blessings, that I've never, ever deserved. If I lose it all, this minute, I've had more than I could have ever asked for.

I watched a program on TV, about the origins of the Christmas holidays, and how they evolved to what we celebrate. What matters to me is the reason why we celebrate, and how now the word Holiday is displacing Christmas. I make it a point to say Merry Christmas, more than I ever have.

Jack

Comment

Well said Jack--There is nothing like the country life, to live smack in the middle of God's graces. I would think that as the crow flies, we are not too far from each other, perhaps we will meet in the coming year. And may all remember that the season is for
                  Christ's Mass----Merry Christmas to all----Michael

Comment

JACK,
                    I too come from a small town(300 people year round) and if I lost everything today would also consider myself and my life BLESSED !!!!I could loose it all tomorrow and as long as I have my wonderful family will never be wothout! I also feel we have lost over the years and thats why I too make it a point to say Merry Christmas whenever I can!
                    Jack again thanks for starting such a wonderful conversation,I see many have taken the time to respond! Life is good!

Comment

Michael -

Do you live anywhere near Hwy 150? Just took a quick look on the map. Haven't been down it in a while. Used to take Saturday trips (not many of those these days) by picking a state road and riding it from one end to the other. Often, they became weekend trips. Hwy 150 was one of the pleasant rural routes to tool down on my old '59 FLH. Been a while. I'll make a point to travel it again, this year. I'll stop by and say hello.

Jack

Comment

Jack,
                        I can see Hwy 150 from my house!!! I am on Friendship Church Road which is about 1 mile east of Hwy 29. It is a wonderful road to travel and out this way , you mainly have to worry about tractors and deer!!! You are welcome to stop by the "castle" anytime-----

Comment

Consider it a plan. More to come.

Jack

Comment

Thank you Fellas' for up lifting my heart ! Thank you for pointing out how true meanings have not been totally lost in all of mankinds hearts. To feel the Spirit as you all do burns deep into my soul. For you all witness the greatest Christmas Gift Of All ! "For God So Loved The World That He Gave His Only Begotten Son, That We May Have Everlasting Life" Now that is a gift !! X-Mas ?????? I refuse to cross Christ out of mine ! Paps

Comment

Will make plans to get up your way, Pa, sometime at least by Spring. Have a good one.

Jack

Comment

Working...
                              X