Delmarva Bike Week Meet Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delmarva Bike Week Meet Up

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and had an idea. I live close to the Delmarva Bike Week festivities centered in Ocean City, MD happening from the 14th to the 17th of September. I've ridden my bike down there the last two years and honestly, I was disappointed. Most of the crowds had little interest in the old bike. I got the feeling that most of them did very little to "build" their bike beyond loud pipes and really had no appreciation for building or maintaining something. There isn't even any scheduled shows for any kind of bike as far as I know.

On that note, I figure there has to be some AMCA members coming into town and it would be cool if we could meet up at some place or a parking lot to meet and talk up the old bikes. Anyone interested?

It took me seven years to build my bike. I'd love to meet others with similar interest and dedication.

Calvin Orem
    Willards, MD
    1937 DKW SB200

How about some pics of your bike Calvin? Many of us are fans of odd and obscure makes, models, racers, etc. We can enjoy your bike and conversation from afar.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Welcome Chip!
      Yes pictures please.

Comment

Getting hooked up with a chapter is best. Doesn't look like there is one centered right in your area but a couple not too far such as the Chesapeake chapter. (They have a swap meet coming up 9/29 and 9/30 in Upperco MD). Surrounding chapters may have members that live near you that you could hook up with. Note: A very low percentage of AMCA members are active here on the forum.

As far as the typical big bike week type event that attracts late models, custom choppers, baggers, etc,....those people generally have no interest in antiques and walk right past a bike thats 70 years old and don't even recognize it as being old.
        Last edited by Skirted; 09-18-2023, 01:27 PM.
        Jason Zerbini
        Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
        Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Here's my ride. Put about 100 miles on the ol' girl. Had a good time and met several AMCA members but didn't see any other old bikes.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Very nice! It ain't just Harleys & Indians!
            Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

What a beautiful motorcycle, you did a great job. Are you going for AMCA judging? Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.
              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Great looking motorcycle, don't think I've ever seen one!

Heel operated rear brake and dual exhaust on a single cylinder are pretty neat and unusual!
                Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

BEAUTIFUL! And it's a "Clean machine". Must be a story behind how you acquired it and got it into this condition?

Comment

Thanks everyone. It was a lot of work. Finding pre war German parts takes time. Seven years to get everything where it's at. I have found some parts sources in Poland and Germany but some stuff is still tough.

Comment

Working...
                    X