Parham auction Brough results ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parham auction Brough results ?

Pendine replica went for 200K. which is the main one was interested in . Best deal I saw was that NSU Sportmax for 11k !
    Last edited by grease monkey; 09-10-2023, 06:53 PM.

I was able to attend and have lifetime memories of what I saw and who I was able to meet. I thought that many of the engines that sold were pretty reasonable considering everything. I will say that the 1936 H-D Knuckle engine was pretty strong at $25,960 Saw many engines selling for less than 2k. Wish I had driven to the auction and filled my pick up bed with some of them!
    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

I was able to attend and have lifetime memories of what I saw and who I was able to meet. I thought that many of the engines that sold were pretty reasonable considering everything. I will say that the 1936 H-D Knuckle engine was pretty strong at $25,960 Saw many engines selling for less than 2k. Wish I had driven to the auction and filled my pick up bed with some of them!

Comment

I think the best deal there was George Reeder's XR 750 racer for $44K. That has to half price.

Comment

I think the best deal there was George Roeder's XR 750 racer for $44K. That has to half price.

Comment

One sad note was that Elmer Tretts daughter wanted to purchase his Top Fuel nitro drag bike that he was killed on back in the day but no luck. It went for 66k and they were not prepared for that large number. I talked to her, was very sad she was sobbing as they left the arena.

Well I can say for me it was something to see, before it sold I was able to give the throttle a twist! https://nationalmcmuseum.org/2017/08...ountain-magic/

Comment

Originally posted by KNUCK View Post
              Did you take a good look at the numbers on it?
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Yes I did Chris. I have always had an interest in numbers and usually take a pic. 36EL3088 The way the motor was sitting the right side was facing out. So I reached behind with my phone and took a pic. The numbers looked authentic and the number boss appeared consistent with the engine casting.
                Last edited by KNUCK; 09-15-2023, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KNUCK View Post
                  Yes I did Chris. I have always had an interest in numbers and usually take a pic. 36EL3088 The way the motor was sitting the right side was facing out. So I reached behind with my phone and took a pic. The numbers looked authentic and the number boss appeared consistent with the engine casting.
                  I think not. Left case is mid 1938 and newer.

Jerry

Comment

I will try to post up a picture from my phone for the "experts" to decide.

Comment

Here you go! I sent a larger one now.
                      Attached Files

Comment

36 EL.png

Comment

The number is way above the number of units produced. Jim Long admitted to me he chose that number so if wouldn't show up in any data base. The pockets in the number boss are evidence that it was welded over.
                          Be sure to visit;
                          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

having touched that "36EL" with my own hands in early september, I can tell you there were almost zero 36 parts on it. definitely not 36 cases. most of the motors on the shelf were pretty rough, display only, made up of worn out mismatched parts.

Comment

buying at auctions from a distance can be risky if that was the case here . Condolences to the buyer anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X