Tape Pinstripe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tape Pinstripe

Looking for pinstripe tape for gas tank ('70 Harley FLH). Certainly isn't standard white? Any good sources available? Tried local body shops, no go on color.

Also, any special tips for removing old tape pinstripe? Probably go with a hair dryer and try to peal it back slowly and carefully? Original paint, so I want to be very careful. Thanks - Ted.

Try going to a auto body supply place, not just auto body shops. The one around here carries a TON of colors. I used to use PRO STRIPE tape. Although, I am not sure how many different "whites" there are...

As for the removal... I would probably peel it off carefully, and then, with the glue that is left on the tank, you can use WD-40 on a rag to remove the glue. This also works on removing that glue from stickers, and price tags, and such like that. WD-40 shouldn't hurt the paint either. (Of course, test it under the tank first...) There is also a "rubber" type wheel that is made specifically for removing tape and decals, and you can put on a drill to remove tape, but I am not sure I would try that on an original paint bike.

Jim

Comment

I believe I saw pin stripe tape in the Eastwood Cataloge. They also have a web site you could try there.

Comment

Working...
      X