Kent Thompson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kent Thompson

Sad to report Kent is in the hospital after being crushed by his bus, he is in critical condition in Worcester Hospital.
    Last edited by cscott; 07-06-2023, 05:58 AM.

I never met Kent, Folks,..

Or even communicated with him, I think.

But as a member of our greater community, he deserves our Thoughts and Prayers.

Heal quickly brother!

....Cotten

AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Kent is one of the nicest men I've ever met in this club, and that says a a LOT! He has been such a help to so many. I wish Kent a speedy recovery and his family well during this difficult time.

If there are things we can do to support him, or his family, please let everyone know.

Comment

I second what Gene said.I met Kent at Wauseon when I had a box of what appeared to me to be Indian gears to ID.Kent quickly went thru the box pulling some gears saying HD HD HD.I put them back explaining they were bushing style gears not bearing.He stopped said "If they look like Indian but are not,they are probably Excelsior"...Gene was probably the Ex guy that got the Ex gears & Kent got the Indian gears & many,many more Indian pieces.

Comment

As Gene said, Kent is one of the friendliest, and most helpful members of the AMCA, and did I mention humble. He was everyone's 'go-to' guy for the Indian Big Chief including Jerry Hatfield's Indian history books. He was a big help to me on my '24 Big Chief, and also supplied many parts for my Sport Scout, Excelsior, and Henderson projects. It didn't matter what the weather was like, or how many big spenders were hovering about; he always made time to be friendly, and encouraging with his expert advice. I hope, and pray that we're just reminding ourselves of what a great friend Kent Thompson has been to this hobby and that we'll see him very soon under his tent at a National meet.
          Last edited by exeric; 07-05-2023, 01:27 PM.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

I was pleased to meet Kent at the former Rhinebeck, NY AMCA Nat'l Meet where he was standing in for Randy Walker, after seeing him mentioned in George Yarocki's 101 Scout club newsletter over the years. Then as a highlight of a National Road Run based in Keene, NH, we all were welcomed guests at his beautiful property not far from there and got to see his large workshop. Never before seen so many early 30's Chiefs in one place! Kent was always approachable, kind, and helpful in his soft spoken way. I sure hope his recovery is on the horizon. He and his family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Kent is one of the good guys in the antique motorcycle world. Always friendly, always helpful. Sure hope he pulls through OK.
              Dave

Comment

From the AMCA Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/111664952275098

22 hours ago, John Kenneth Stroud posted this message on Facebook:

Thank you all for praying for Kent and Carol Lynn Thompson. You might know that Kent was working on a bus that started rolling and dragged him several yards before running over the right half of his body. He was airlifted to the hospital and immediately went into surgery where he remained through the night into the next day. He is in a medically induced coma on a ventilator. Carol got to see him last night, which was really hard for her (she has a very tender heart). This morning she was called and told that Kent had a blood clot in his leg and needed to go back into surgery. Hearing about some of the possible outcomes of that surgery was very upsetting. He is still in surgery, and we pray that the doctors can save Kent’s leg. He is at UMass Worcester, a level 1 trauma hospital. Pray that there will be no other issues or complications arising. Pray for this surgery to go well- that they can avoid amputation. Pray for my sister to experience the peace of Christ as she trusts and prays. Pray that she will get transportation to and from the hospital as needed. Pray for the surgeons, nurses, and other healthcare professionals working on Kent around the clock. Pray that they will be able to do an effective job with pain control when they finally begin to bring him out of the coma.
                10:45 PM UPDATE: Kent was taken back into surgery tonight after being in surgery all day. I'm uncertain if it's another blood clot or the loss of a pulse in the lower part of his leg. They must restore blood flow to the let to prevent amputation. Your prayers for a miracle are greatly appreciated.

For those that may be interested in helping Kent and his family with a donation, there is go fund me site for him: https://gofund.me/3a484f49

Kent's accident is brutal reminder for all of us to be careful when working around machinery!

Comment

I'm sad to report that we received news this morning that Kent passed away. We will post more details as received. Sad day for our community.

Comment

Rest In Peace Kent Thompson. Sharing a photo from Bob Tyson that included Kent on the far right. Mike Love

Bob's post on Facebook included these comments

So very sad to hear that one of my long time antique motorcycle friends passed yesterday. Kent Thompson was traumatically injured while working on his school bus antique meet vehicle and passed away due to injuries from the mishap. Just saw him at Oley this spring and the picture here is from Harmony meet last fall. Kent was a fixture at all of the East Coast AMCA meets and will be sorely missed by all who knew him. RIP Kent Thompson. Bob Tyson
                    Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 1.45.06 PM copy.jpg

Comment

Dear Friends of Kent. I've been trying to reach close friends of Kent to see if someone would be willing to write a short story on Kent that we can run in the magazine. I'm not having much success and we go to the printer at the end of next week. Would any of you be willing to help us write a story? I knew Kent, but only as a vendor and not personally. We could also use a couple of good high-resolution photos. If you can help, please contact me at Kizer@AntiqueMotorcycle.org. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X