Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free On-line eBook resource - out of print books

Hello Folks -

I became aware of a potentially valuable resource for research of your interests and projects - it's called The Gutenberg Project. Gutenberg Project has been around for many decades and has offered free on-line books that are out print. I know many of you are involved with many different kinds of projects and many involve research to find more information about them. I am going to offer just one example I have found in the Gutenberg list that pertain to our interests in antique motorcycles and then let you all do some exploring yourselves. Feel free to share in this topic other gems you may find in the archives or even other similar links to on-line research resources. Here is a little blurb about Gutenberg.

Why the name Gutenberg - well, Gutenberg's inventions in printing and other printing innovations "led to an information revolutions [of sorts] and the unprecedented mass-spread of literature throughout Europe." Johannes Gutenberg lived from approximately 1393 to 1468. I am so old that when I took print shop in high school I got to work with an early motorized letter press called the Gutenberg. Here is that about information on the on-line free eBook site Gutenberg.

Project Gutenberg is an online library of free eBooks.

Project Gutenberg was the first provider of free electronic books, or eBooks. Michael Hart, founder of Project Gutenberg, invented eBooks in 1971 and his memory continues to inspire the creation of eBooks and related content today.
    The link to the home page for The Gutenberg Project is https://www.gutenberg.org

Here is a link to a book by the US Government on the Harley-Davidson WLA that can be downloaded the title is Motorcycle, Solo (Harley-Davidson Model WLA) by United States. War Department

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/51058
    Image of the book cover and what you see on the web site when you go to the page of a book.

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 7.10.08 AM.png

Hope you find this helpful for some interesting information.

Mike Love
    Last edited by ihrescue; 07-05-2023, 06:40 AM.

Wow; This is Great Mike, wish it was raining this is going to take some time! Awesome!! Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by PaulCDF View Post
      Wow; This is Great Mike, wish it was raining this is going to take some time! Awesome!! Thank you
      Yeah as dry as it has been I haven't had much excuse not to go out and do work. Glad to get your reaction.

One thing I found was their on-line reading format. It is a right nice reading format and doesn't really download to your computer memory which we of course know is limited. So when you look at the list of formats they offer to download choose the first one "Read this book online: HTML5".

Mike Love

Comment

Thanks Mike!!
        Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Working...
        X