X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~Independence~

*M.A.D.*

fullsizeoutput_2943.jpeg
    Last edited by JoJo357; 07-02-2023, 06:39 AM.

Celebrating the signing of the Declaration of Independence from the British. Although I really enjoy the Hot Dog eating contest, at Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs. on Coney Island.

Joey Chestnut's record is now up to 75 Dogs, w/buns., 2020. Unbelievable how any human being can down that much food at one sitting (standing) !!! $10K to the winner, another $20K split among the remaining contestants.

For me, this contest is better than any fireworks show, every time !! Fireworks has become a mundane display, with sparkling colors, and loud bangs, with nearly every home run at most ballparks these days. Even Disneyland has a fireworks display every nite. Great for the kids, but not so much for your pets at home.

There's only one great hot dog eating contest. The contest itself lasts only ten minutes. ESPN2 will broadcast the event beginning at 10:30am ET with the women. Men's event begins at noon,
    on ESPN1. Both contests on the ESPN APP.

Amazing display of endurance and dedication for all the competitors... I guess some people will do almost anything for a chance at $10 GRAND and their name on a trophy !!

C2K

Comment

July 4th.jpg

61parade2.jpg

Ladies color guard.jpg

76cfjc.jpg

za171.jpg

,,,,Cotten
      Last edited by T. Cotten; 07-04-2023, 07:00 PM.
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Just think, if we'd lost the Revolutionary War, we'd all be speaking English now!

oh . . . yeah.

Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

I hope everyone had a great Independence Day. God bless America, land that I love!

Motorcycles on the Fourth of July.jpg
          Eric Olson
          Membership #18488

Comment

I think of the men who fought for our Independence every day. The top three muskets are 1763 Charleville's all with U.S surcharge markings and inspection marks by Joseph Perkins and most likely was part of the fist shipment from France and purchased by Ben Franklin. Second from the top was carried by Lt. John Wygant of Marlboro N.Y 4th from the top is a 1763 Charleville with an American made stock. 5th from the top is a 1762 British Brown Bess. It is a great honor to care for these weapons' that were used to gain our Independence. I keep them where anyone who comes here get to see and hear about them. Unfortunately of the many young people that I have ask if they would like to hold a piece of our history they have no clue what the war for Independence is, it's kind of sad.
            IMG_0765.JPG
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X