FInding that Winter Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FInding that Winter Project

Well, the 51 Servi is finished and I would like to start a new project this winter. Any ideas where to find a british bike of the 50's to restore that isnt too expensive ??

250 matchless

Hi there, i dont know if your interested but i have a 1966 250 G2 Matchless sitting in my shed that needs restoring, it is all there and i have all the documentation for it.
    I brought this bike over here with me when i emigrated here from england in 2000 i was going to restore it myself but i just can't seem to find the time to do it. It does need a lot of work putting into it and it is not exactly a classic, i am not sure what i would want for it but it would not be a kings ransom, we could discus the price later if your interested in the bike. If you want to have a look at it i can post a few pics here for you.
    Heres my phone # 1 352 597 8888 the best time to call is after 17:00 on week days or anytime at the weekends, i know it is not a bike from the 1950's but it is not far away. I would rather see it restored than rotting away in my shed because i really dont think i am ever going to get around to restoring it myself.
    I am not sure where your from but i am in florida, it is pretty easy these days to get a bike shipped any were in the USA.
    Well email or phone me if you are interested, and i would be more that willing to give you more details about this bike.
    Bye for now Roland.
    Oh here's my email address.
    roland996@hotmail.com.

Comment

Hi, I just bought a '58 BSA 250 single that is almost complete, and would be a fairly easy restp project. It's a neat old bike, but I have so many other projects that I don't know if I'll ever get to it. I would sell it for $900. I'm in PA, so you could come take a look at it, or I can send some pics.

Comment

I have a pile of pre-unit Triumph stuff if a bobber type project interests you, not enough for a restoration. Robbie

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I would be looking for something a
          bit bigger than a 250 as
          here in the Northeast, our roads tend to run
          a bit fast, even on county roads.
          I have to be very careful with my Servi as
          she will only do 50 or so mph and some
          roads are off limits to her. As a start I guess a
          500 cc dual cylinder or up is
          about what I am looking for, either from
          the 50's or 60's, such as a BSA or
          Triumph. Rub, thanks for the offer but
          I enjoy restoring them back to glory (Servi
          has been much liked by all who see her)
          they once where. Bud, where abouts in
          PA are your located? I am in S. Jersey
          very close to Philly.

Comment

not interested.

OK well i guess your not interested in the matchless then. How about a 1972 250 kawasaki triple, again all there, well actually there is two bikes i got hold of another one to use as a parts bike, with all the right documentation from england. I know it is still a 250 but when running right it will pull just about 100mph.
            Again i am not looking for loads of money for this bike. I just want to see it back on the road again in nice condition. Maybe there are some other takers for these bikes. I dont want to see then end up in the hands of some redneck who just wants to use them in a field some place, so i really only want to offerl them to members of this club.
            Well give me a call if anyone is interested.
            I hope this does not break any club rules for advertising because it was not my intention to avertise, i was offering them to club members.

Comment

Roland, sounds tempting but I kind have my sights set on a british bike from your
              homeland. I know what you mean about not wanting to give up the machines to
              someone who wont honor them, just having the Servi out on the road many would ask if the bike was for sale and I
              cant imagine selling it to anyone who wouldnt care for it as I do.

Comment

TMARONEY, I am located in the center of the state, in Reedsville. I'm about 1 hour west of Harrisburg. I'm very close to State College. It's a shame that my BSA wouldn't work for you, It will make a great looking bike!

Comment

Triumph Info

Hi! Being strictly Triumph restorers & collectors, we have 2 people that you could contact that we have personally purchased project bikes from. You can e-mail Al at brittwins@entermail.net,he is located just outside Allentown,PA , contact Ken at ken1100rt@yahoo.com, he is located in Toms River,NJ.
                  Hope this helps.
                  Cass

Comment

Cass - Thanks for the info. I will give them
                    a shout via email. This is what I love
                    about AMCA, I have lived in NJ most of
                    my life and never would have known
                    about these guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X