Old Mortorcycle Fire Engine Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Mortorcycle Fire Engine Rig

Check it out....An old Motorcycle Fire Engine Rig. Looks to be in a foreign country. Anyone ever see this type bike?? What is it...Year and make??

This photo is on E'bay right now #150068783148 as of 11/08
    Attached Files

Hrdly

Looks pretty cool never saw one like that but a few years back there was a sidecar fire rig displayed on the AMCA calander
    had a coiled up hose in a basket with a few fire extingushers.
    Seems that I recall reading someplace that the Army? used them on the bases.

Comment

I like seeing motorcycles used for utility, military, or commercial purposes. That fire-truck motorcycle is a good one. Thanks.

Comment

Being a Retired Firefighter Id LOVE to OWN That!!! What a nice rig!!!!
        As for the one in the Mag I do believe it belongs to Roger Long and it is a BEAUTIFUL setup for sure, everytime I see it up close I wear a bib!!!

Comment

Hi,I'm a firefighter here in Milw. and I would love to ride a rig like that to work--if they would plow these streets.Johnny-Milw.

Comment

That Fire rig looks like a Rikuo built unit from Japan. They are the Harley clones that were built there and I have seen many photos of them in various utility styles of bodies. The rear end is something like a Gouldcar setup, with a section of truck frame and rearend driven from the motorcycle front end. Probably in a large Japanese city. Robbie

Comment

johnny i did 24 years IAFF and now enjoy all my days being K-Days good luck to ya and stay safe!!!! Happy Holidays !

Comment

that is a neat photo but i dont think it is a japanese city mainly because of the sign in the background is in english, and back then i wouldn't think learning english and having it on the buildings would be popular. and i could be wrong but that photo seems from the period where there could of been tariffs on the foreign bikes. just a thought.

Comment

hey inline4nut,
                  i too did 24 yrs service with the fdny. if you feel like trading stories send me your phone number,
                  via e-mail: to chiefj48@aol.com

regards,
                  joe

Comment

The Rikuo was built completely in Japan so therefore no type of tariff applied. The first part of the sign seems to represent Kobe and there would definitely be English lettering after the war when the US Army was in Japan. They used that type of utility vehicle for many years. Robbie

Comment

Looking through a book on Japanese motorcycles, "A Century of Japanese Motorcycles", there are photos of both a Mazda and a Daihatsu built utility three wheelers as well. Also period photos of buildings with the name in English as well as Japanese. Robbie

Comment

Working...
                      X