Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To all owners of 4 cylinder motorcycles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all owners of 4 cylinder motorcycles!

All owners of 4 cylinder motorcycles... For the first year, The Meadow Brook Concours d'Elegance (www.meadowbrookconcours.org) will be featuring antique motorcycles. The focus of the inaugural antique motorcycle class in 2007 is 4 cylinder motorcycles up to 1948 or thereabouts.

For those unfamiliar with Meadow Brook, it is one of the top Concours events in the United States; it is a prestigious event to which the addition of antique motorcycles has been long awaited. The 2007 date for the show is August 5.

We are aiming to have the largest display of 4 cylinder motorcycles ever asembled at a Concours, or any other event for that matter; the goal is to have at least 40 4's. This will be an impressive display that will attract the attention of not only antique motorcyle enthusiasts, but antique and classic car owners as well.

The antique motorcycle class at Meadow Brook is a permanent addition to the event; the focus/feature bike will change each year. Features for future events include: board track racers, trikes and motorcycles with sidecars.

At 2007's event, we want to have the largest gathering of 4's ever assembled and we can only do this with your help. We expect this 4 cylinder gathering to be an event that is well covered by the media and we want you to be part of it. If you own a 4 cylinder motorcycle, restored or unrestored - originals are appreciated, please contact me so I can put you in the database - we want to see 40 40's displayed on the field!

Leslie Dreist
    Classic & Exotic Service, Inc.
    1-248-269-9414 Office
    sales@classsicandexotic.com

So if I can wear my "bibs". And your invitation is extended as free entry (to partially cover transportation lodging costs). I figure some of our membership in MI. will be interested.

... and what was that entry fee?

Comment

Bibs Allowed.... No Entry Fee

Thanks for bringing up the subject of entry: there is not an entry fee for the Meadow Brook Concours. Without exhibitors there would not be a Concours, as such we don't charge exhibitors to show their car or motorcycle.

As for bibs.... bibs are allowed; we don't have a dress code of any nature with the exception of requesting that you at least wear pants.

I've spoken with many 4 cylinder owners and this is shaping up to be a great display. Food for thought: maybe a few folks would like to round up some friends and ride in on Sunday.... the field opens at 7AM and participants need to be in palce by 9AM.

I encourage anyone with an interest in this to please call me so I can put your information in the database. My office phone is 248-269-9414 and am generally there from 7AM - 3PM EST.

Please keep in mind that even if you don't own a 4, you're welcome to call me and tell me what you do have. The antique motorcycle class will have a different feature every year - maybe what you own will be next year's feature.

Leslie Dreist

Comment

You've got a great sense of humor. Thanks Leslie. All the best.

Comment

Working...
        X