No announcement yet.

H-D Spring Fork Windshield Apron/Skirt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-D Spring Fork Windshield Apron/Skirt?

Are repops available for the 1936-48 style apron or skirt for the old spring-fork windscreen? I want to adapt one to the windshield of a modern K100 BMW for better wind protection. I have the J&P Vintage catalog but there you can only buy the complete unit (windshield with apron). I just need the apron only.

I can't figure out why this windshield apron idea fell by the wayside. It's an easy lightweight way to gain additional wind protection and they don't look bad either. Strange.

Here's what the apron on the old spring-fork windscreen looks like:
    Attached Files

There's a gal out on the east coast that makes them. She was at our Black Hills roadrun a couple years ago. I think her name was Jessie. I'll have my wife look it up when she has time. She said she made the ones David Sarafan used to sell.

Comment

jwl:

Yes, when you all have the chance, please look up that woman's contact info.

Thanks!

Originally posted by jwl
      There's a gal out on the east coast that makes them. She was at our Black Hills roadrun a couple years ago. I think her name was Jessie. I'll have my wife look it up when she has time. She said she made the ones David Sarafan used to sell.

Comment

Harley-Creation,
        I have the contact info you need. I don't think she'd mind me publishing her private info but I don't know for sure. I would feel more comfortable if I could send you a private message. Why don't you email me and I'll reply with the info you need. rnlind@westriv.com

Comment

jwl:

I just emailed you.

Got any snow up in Dakota?

thanks,
          HW

Originally posted by jwl
          Harley-Creation,
          I have the contact info you need. I don't think she'd mind me publishing her private info but I don't know for sure. I would feel more comfortable if I could send you a private message. Why don't you email me and I'll reply with the info you need. rnlind@westriv.com

Comment

HARLEY-CREATION, I just emailed you back. Not much snow here. Just cold and windy.

Comment

Harley,
              Jessie lives about one hour from me of ypou go to the Yankee chapter website I think you can link to her if not let me know Ill be glad to get a phone # for you

Comment

Thanks guys!

But my idea just ain't gonna work. Tried a Harley summer apron on the K100 and the fit is WAY off. Not even close so that I can adapt it.

Since the idea has merit, I'd have to make my own apron to go this route.

Can a guy buy that vinylized canvas or a similar product by the yard somewhere?

I wish Global Warming would hurry up and get here so I wouldn't have to worry about this stuff...

Comment

material

i used the material that goes on under the convertible top of old cars , water proof,black and works great on my winter windshield, try your local upholstery shop

Comment

Re: material

Originally posted by flthead
                    i used the material that goes on under the convertible top of old cars , water proof,black and works great on my winter windshield, try your local upholstery shop
                    Thanks!

Does it have a name? If I call or look around how would I best describe it? Is it made for the purpose of convertable cars tops or for something else?

Comment

don't know the name ,but it's kinda sorta like canvas but pefect material for the winterwindshield on my flatty

Comment

Re: Re: material

Originally posted by HarleyCreation

Thanks!

Does it have a name? If I call or look around how would I best describe it? Is it made for the purpose of convertable cars tops or for something else?
                        I think it's called Double Duck,or at least it is over here.

Comment

It's used on these aprons on Steib sidecars.
                          (Hope it's not too big)

It was and I don't know what to do with it.I'll try an email.

Well I sent it but if you got it,well,that's another bag of spanners.

Comment

HarleyCreation

Did the picture get through to you?

Another thought.You could get a cheap roll of wallpaper,laminate say 3 thickness with paste,get a shape you're happy with and post it to Jessie.She could then make it .

Comment

So Herb,

You didn't get the picture and you're not into wallpaper then?

Comment

Working...
                              X