Phil Mahood Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Mahood Fire

Member Phil Mahood, Vincent restorer lost everything in a recent fire. See full story on AMCA News.

What a horrible disaster. Sorry to hear of such events. Best wishes to Phil.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

This is really a huge loss for him, I could not imagine dealing with something like this. I see no mention about any insurance for his home or motorcycles. I sure hope that he was covered to some degree to help him get back to normal life soon. I know many people who do not have insurance on their old bikes but they do for their home and cars. Not sure why not, it is rather cheap to obtain.
      #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Terrible news and such a huge loss.
        Craig (Delaware)
        Delaware Bay Chapter
        Perkiomen Chapter
        AMCA Member #1011

Comment

In Ontario insurance is not cheap. Insurance companies will not insure any motor vehicle unless it is licensed for the road. The annual rate then is about $2000 or higher depending on the appraised value of the vehicle. Motor vehicle parts are not covered under house insurance. Hagerty does not insure in Canada.
          Tom

Comment

Wasn't the fire in Quebec near Maniwaki? I think his Rapide was licensed on the road.
            Tragic situation ..

Comment

The last time I checked with Aviva their insurance only allowed you to ride your motorcycles to club events. I prefer to ride whenever I want to.
              Tom

Comment

Working...
              X