Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMCA Jan-Feb magazine cover bike is sure a beautiful 1960 Panhead but wondering....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMCA Jan-Feb magazine cover bike is sure a beautiful 1960 Panhead but wondering....

how it got 99.75 points with sooo much chrome and high polished aluminum on an original bike. Center fold picture of the left side is incredible view. I have owned an all original 1958 and now a 1965 Panhead so rather familiar. Then got to looking at the accessory catalog, anyway I have the ultimate admiration of the original owner Ralph Warren, who took such good care of this bike.
    Last edited by KNUCK; 02-24-2023, 05:22 PM.
    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Yea I agree on the excellent presentation and a wonderful example and provenance. I still have the issue on table and often find myself opening up that centerfold shot while eating breakfast.
    And Jeez - To be the caretaker of a bike that was owned by a veteran who flew 50 combat missions as a belly gunner in a B17 Flying Fortress? That'd be more value than the bike itself!
    Jason Zerbini
    Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
    Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Here is photo of 99 point bike, interesting how different yet both are AMCA judged . This original paint 1965 FLH has about 9,000 mi on it and never had the motor apart.

DSCN4366.JPGDSCN4369.JPG
      #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Here is shot of the judging manual referencing unrestored. I think its probably more difficult to be consistent when judging unrestored vs restored when it comes to condition. Its very subjective. There is an irresistible temptation for many humans to want to over clean or polish an unrestored bike or car.

judging manual.jpg
        Jason Zerbini
        Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
        Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Working...
        X