New Chief Judge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Chief Judge

Ross Metcalfe is proud to announce the appointment of Steve Slocombe as the AMCA Chief Judge. This announcement follows a long search to replace Don Dzurick who retired as the CJ at the end of the 2021 season.

Steve served two terms on the AMCA Board of Directors from 2006 to 2011. He is also a loyal member of the AMCA Judging Committee in which he will now Chair. Steve is the founding and current President of the AMCA European Chapter with 326 active members.

For those who either know or know of Steve, he lives in Folkestone, Kent, UK overlooking the White Cliffs of Dover, just across the channel from France. Steve will serve in this capacity as the interim Chief Judge until a U.S. based replacement is appointed. He will only attend two U.S. based National Meets and oversee the operations with Event Chief Judges at the events he does not attend in person.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Thanks to Steve for stepping up!
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Great news! Thank you Steve for your continuing work on our excellent judging program. Your dedication to our club and our hobby is much appreciated.
        Eric Olson
        Membership #18488

Comment

Dear Guys, thanks for the nice words, much appreciated. I'm now deep in our judging rule book and procedures so that the new season can run smoothly. We have experienced Event Chief Judges at the Meets I'm not attending, so everything should go well. I've got a short article in the May magazine, but the executive summary is that factory correct means all bikes must have the engine and frame with which they left the factory; all entries by pre-registration with a 3 week deadline means we can research oddballs so everyone gets a fair session; there is a new 98 point Marque Excellence award; and returning Winners Circle bikes do not need to be started. All Meet judges will get a back-pocket copy of AMCA Judging Handbook & Guidelines which should help. I can answer general questions here or in the Judging section of the forum, or Email me at vlheaven@aol.com with suggestions on how to improve our system.

Comment

Working...
          X