Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know where the 1952 American Rocket P-61 prototype is ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know where the 1952 American Rocket P-61 prototype is ?

I saw this bike in a building in central Calif along with a 1941 Indian 4 that I went to see, and did purchase back in 1987 for $6,800. Wish I still had the 4. While I was there I did take a photo of it and have seen another picture of it in the Indian Motorcycle buyers guide by Jerry Hatfield on page 140. This prototype Indian was designed by the late Sam Pierce. I have wondered what happened to it off and on since then. DSCN5777.JPG Does anybody know of it being in a museum or private collection?
    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

I saw it at the Sparks, NV. swap meet (later Sacramento) after it moved from Squaw Valley in the late 70's or early eighties. A lot of history in that machine.
    DrSprocket

Comment

Louie Fisher has owned the bike for quite awhile now, over 20 years. He has an extensive collection of very nice specimens. Lou lives in Southern California.

Comment

Really appreciate your input on the location of this interesting machine. I hope Lou is a member of AMCA and will comment on how he acquired the bike and if he ever takes it out for a ride or show.
        #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Working...
        X